Thread: Skilak Lake Road?

Default Skilak Lake Road?

Does anybody know if the road is plowed? I'd like to go to engineer lake this weekend and maybe stay in the cabin if I can get a res. I'd hate to drive down and not be able to get there.

its a state maintained road, plowed thru the year, however, many of the smaller side roads may remain unplowed, and so the road into kelly/petersen lakes off the sterling.....i do believe the roads to both upper and lower skilak lake boat launches, and the road into hidden lake, are plowed as well....

Release Lake Trout

I like that spot too but havent caught many fish in that lake. Have you had any luck? I go there every time I hit Sodotna for red fishing and relax in my belly boat and fish in peace and quiet for a change. Not sure if Eng lake is plowed but its not too much farther to walk if you had to.

no problem driving to engineer last saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    its a state maintained road, plowed thru the year, however, many of the smaller side roads may remain unplowed, and so the road into kelly/petersen lakes off the sterling.....i do believe the roads to both upper and lower skilak lake boat launches, and the road into hidden lake, are plowed as well....
    It is a state maintained road, but, unfortunately, is not always kept plowed. I have had some really harrowing experiences driving it from both directions due to deep snow, ice and mud.

Thanks for the info, now looking at going in the first week of March.

Anyone have an update on Skilak lake ice/icefishing conditions? Hidden lake?