Thread: High or Low transom fro H.B with S.D.?

Default High or Low transom fro H.B with S.D.?

Hi All,

In the midst of placing my order for a H.B. and have been asked if I want a long shaft or short shaft transom. Which do you think is better for the Mud Buddy 23?

Any opinions appreciated!

Thanks

My Hudson Bay has the short shaft transom. And the MB Mini23 fits it perfectly. A long shaft version of the MB Mini frame is available, at extra cost and extra weight, for those who have boats requiring long shafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    My Hudson Bay has the short shaft transom. And the MB Mini23 fits it perfectly. A long shaft version of the MB Mini frame is available, at extra cost and extra weight, for those who have boats requiring long shafts.
    Rick,

I saw on the Scott Canoe web site that the Hudson Bay has a depth of 20 inches at center, and the stern height is supposed to be 22.5 inches. Does the short shaft model have a dip in the transom where the motor is mounted that makes the transom height about 15 inches at the low point? Would the long shaft version keep the transom height at about 20 inches?

Here's a picture of the HB transom with the MB mounted. The long shaft transom doesn't have the cut-out. I believe most S-D motors are intended to use short-shaft transoms.

Rick,

Thanks for the photo and description. I'm glad the Mud Buddy has been successful on your canoe.

Just give them your measurement from transom to keel. They know what it is. They have already sold several of these motors to folks up here with the hudson bay. It is the short shaft.

hope this helps confirm.