Thread: Badlands 2200 pack

Default Badlands 2200 pack

Camofire has them for $157 today. Anyone use them....any good...like them??
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Love it. Good space for day or three day trips. Best warranty there is. I paid 225 for mine. I would get it!!

I did not like mine. It is a very heavy pack for what you get. I sold mine last year and got an Arteryx Bora 50. Much happier.

The Bora makes sense with it's great waterproofing fabric.

I have one they are a great pack for the day and one can carry quarters in it too... for that price get one..

Well thanks guys for the comments. I looked for the Boro 50 and it looks like they are discontinued or out of stock.

I went on Cabela's site and the reviews of 55 people was a 4.7/5 so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It looks like it may fit my needs pretty well. The waterproof issue isn't big since I have several pack covers already. I do wish it was a pound or 2 lighter but we'll see how it works out. Thanks again!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

I got the Badlands 2200 and have #3 son wearing it for the picture. I haven't loaded it up too much but I did put about 30 lbs and a Marlin .444 on the pack as well as my Rossi 92 in .45 Long Colt and the pack is VERY confortable. I added a pouch on the left waist belt to get an easy to get to way to carry stuff like snacks and I put a tactical type flashlight holder on the left side in front of the pouch. On the right side a put a semi-rigid holster for the Glock 20 and an extra magazine. I also installed the Kifaru Gun Bearer on the pack and it works very well also. I'm still a little confused about what will go where on the pack but that will come with experience and use. It was $175 shipped from Camofire so I think it is a pretty good deal and will work well for my uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    It was $175 shipped from Camofire so I think it is a pretty good deal and will work well for my uses.
    It sounds like Camofire ate you up on shipping charges.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Awesome pack! It is my deer hunting pack for deer hunting down here in SE. Will fit a boned out sitka buck perfectly. It's what I take into the alpine for day hunts and pack during the rut. The part that sits against your back zips away for easy access to your gear which is very handy. I wish every pack that I owned did this.