Thread: Extra wide quality hiking boots

Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIRONDACK MTS.

Default Extra wide quality hiking boots

Can someone let me know what companies might make boots for a guy who wears 11EEEE ??? I have wicked bunion problems and need this size. THANKS!!!

You may have to do what I did- I also have wicked bunion issues and I bought the widest boot I could find from Sportsman's Warehouse and then had them stretch the width. They're pretty comfortable now.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    You may have to do what I did- I also have wicked bunion issues and I bought the widest boot I could find from Sportsman's Warehouse and then had them stretch the width. They're pretty comfortable now.
    I also have wide feet and have trouble finding boots wide enough to fit comfortably. Does Sportsman's Warehouse stretch them for you right there in the store?

Quote Originally Posted by brhrdr View Post
    I also have wide feet and have trouble finding boots wide enough to fit comfortably. Does Sportsman's Warehouse stretch them for you right there in the store?
    Yes, they did it right there while I waited. It took about a half hour and I just wandered the store while they did it.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

You might try Boot Country in Anchorage as they do boot stretching/repair. They will likely be a bit more knowledgeable than the typical S. Warehouse clerk.

If you have seriously odd sized feet with issues you might look into the semi-custom or custom route. Check out White's or Nick's boots.