Thread: I reckon its alright for my brother to have a girlfriend

Default I reckon its alright for my brother to have a girlfriend

well, you see, I've always wanted a henry survival rifle, just cause I do a lot of survival stuff and it is just plane awesome, well my brother came home the other day with a gun stock in his hand, right off I knew what it was, and he said "he (his girlfriend dad) said we could use it to "sight it in" and play with it a little cause he tried shooting it and couldn't hit anything with it" well after I showed the bro how to put it together (I reckon I'm the gun smith of the family, cause I'm always tinkering with something) and then everybody went to bed I decided to give it a through cleaning, including the action, well I pullet a screw out and springs and levers went flying everywhere, so after I cleaned it (after all, everything was out anyway, and it was absolutely covered in lint and dust) I spent the next hour getting it put back together. anyway, after a day or 2 I finally got a chance to shoot it, and it was shooting maybe 2-3 inch groups at 15-20 yards. not bad. its got peep sights. It had some cycling issues but after 3 consecutive clips it was working well. can't wait to try it on a rabbit! it is awesome!I will try to get a picture but the computer is having issues
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

You have the gun, he has the girl......you got the better of the deal.

Reminds me of a story a bout a hunter that was in the woods. A women saw him, came up to him carrying a Henry’s lever action and then proceeded to get undressed and then said, “take what you want.” So he thought for a second - took the gun and went back to camp. Another hunter at camp asked him about the rifle and upon hearing the story said, “nice choice! the clothes probably wouldn’t have fit.”

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    You have the gun, he has the girl......you got the better of the deal.
    Oh jeez, I don't want no stinking girl in my way when I'm hunting. I'm smarter than that! Heck, I just wouldn't be my self if I actually had to sit there and have a conversation with somebody and not be runnnin around bein a"young rambunctious teenager" as grandpa says.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

So sad! I guess most of us start out with under powered air rifles and wound that first bird. Then we have a choice be a clean kill nut or practice followup shots. I would not like the accuracy that you are reporting. My .30 cal air rifle will stay on a quarted at 75 feet. The 10 22 much better.

Quote Originally Posted by sls4ak View Post
    So sad! I guess most of us start out with under powered air rifles and wound that first bird. Then we have a choice be a clean kill nut or practice followup shots. I would not like the accuracy that you are reporting. My .30 cal air rifle will stay on a quarted at 75 feet. The 10 22 much better.
    The gun was free, and I typically get with in 10 yards it'll kill a animal just as fast. remember, at 2 inch groups, no shot is going more than 1 inch away from where I aimed, plus, I was shooting 8 rounds fast, not taking my aim like I would on an animal.