Thread: The IQ Bowsight's revolutionary Retina Lock

Default The IQ Bowsight's revolutionary Retina Lock

Just wondering if anyone has any exp. with this sight?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Not with that sight, but I use an Anchor Sight which is the same principle but not incorporated in the sight. I like not having to use a peep and the Anchor Sight has a large enough indicator to make any torquing easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any exp. with this sight?
    Just bought this sight. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Getting new limbs put on my bow. Its a nice sight though. Just wish you could adjust it with thumbscrews or somthing similar instead of doing the allen wrench slide...

PM sent to you

looks very interesting, would love to here some feedback also before i would purchase

Got it and returned it. Built like a rock and a very nice sight. What I notice and I know over time it will be cut down. But you spend allot longer at full draw with this sight. Reason you look at the dot and try to get it in the middle then you go to your pins.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Retina Lock type aids

I have no experience with the RetinaLock sight but I have years of experience with the concept. In 1992 I had an eye complication that reduced use of light and the peep sight became a problem. I found the No-Peep manufactured by Timberline Archery (no longer manufactured) and determined to test the concept.

I have determined that the peep sight is simply a way to verify your anchor point, but it has often become the substitute for an anchor point. When I started to have arrows move left or right of point of aim it was generally because I relied on the picture through the peep instead of verifying through the peep that my anchor was correct.

The No-Peep (no longer available) and the Anchor Sight allow you to verify your anchor point more precisely than a peep and do it independent of the sight. The RetinaLock sight uses the same concept only they have incorporated it within the sight itself. My concerns with the RetinaLock sight is that every time you make an adjustment to the sight frame -- elevation or windage -- in will require readjustment of the RetinaLock component. With the No-Peep and Anchor Sight you can adjust the pins independent of the of the sight frame.

The No-Peep, Anchor Sight and RetinaLock sight are set up so that when you are at you correct anchor point, the dot is centered in the circle and confirms the accuracy of your anchor. Precision is required for setup and it is a time consuming process and requires that you come to full anchor many times to be properly set. Once set, my No-peep is extremely accurate and very fast. Precision is such that this winter when I hunted in the cold with a belaclava, I material between my hand and face made it difficult to center my No-Peep -- the lesson is to set the sight aid using the clothing you will wear to hunt. I set everything up with light gloves and the cold forced me to use heavier gloves and the belaclava. I still made my shot but I had to work more than normal.

I currently have two No-Peep sight aids and had I known they were going to stop production, I would have purchased five more -- they were only $40 each. I am sold on this concept. It allows me to be very precise, quickly and I have no reduction in available light, I shoot with both eyes open and look just to the inside of my string to see the sight and No-Peep. I am considering purchase of an Anchor Sight because it seems that they have taken the concept a bit beyond the No-peep.

A more detailed explanation would require face-to-face discussion which I am willing to do. I will never get away from this sight concept -- a peep doesnt do it for me. Friends who have tried it and worked through the setup process still use it.

Hope this helps

RLK7