Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who sells bunny boots in anchorage?

Default Who sells bunny boots in anchorage?

Any one know where to go for bunny boots in anchorage. Ive seen the guy out in wasilla selling them out of his trailer.

Thanks

try second chance surplus on Spenard ... (or any surplus store in anchorage)...

also try ebay! several surplus dealers there that may beat anchorge prices and selection

The guy in Wasilla is cool, I drove out there to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrex13 View Post
    The guy in Wasilla is cool, I drove out there to get mine.
    Where is he located now? I heard he moved and I need to pick up a set for the wife. She was more than a little jealous of my toasty toes on our last excursion.

Didn't the Napa store in Wasilla have a table full of white bunny boots recently...???

The sportsman's guide Christmas catalog had some black B- Boots listed for about $39

The white Beta boots are the best. The Army/Navy in Anchorage has had them in the past ,would check there first. The story about to good to of a deal sounds like $39.00 deal. Napa in Palmer sell the white ones for $69.00 . Don't know if they are the Beta can check if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bend View Post
    The white Beta boots are the best. The Army/Navy in Anchorage has had them in the past ,would check there first. The story about to good to of a deal sounds like $39.00 deal. Napa in Palmer sell the white ones for $69.00 . Don't know if they are the Beta can check if you want.
    I don't know about the Wasilla store but the Palmer Napa doesn't have Bata. I bought a set from them in a pinch and they are keeping my feet warm but they are not the "good" ones and I doubt I will get the length of service many are seeing from the Bata branded ones.

LuJon- The bunny boot guy is right there in Meadow Lakes on the right just before Pittman Road. He has tons of Betas left. What size does your wife need? I might have an extra set the kids have grown out of .

Hntr,

I have seen them at both 6th Avenue Outfitters and at Army/Navy on 4th.

Randy

I hit 7 places, the only one that had my size was the surplus store on arctic. I didn't feel like dropping a c note on used surplus boots so I spent $20 extra and bought some new pack boots that are supposed to be good down to -100. Place on spenard had them for $50 but they were falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    LuJon- The bunny boot guy is right there in Meadow Lakes on the right just before Pittman Road. He has tons of Betas left. What size does your wife need? I might have an extra set the kids have grown out of .
    Doug, if you have some serviceable ones to part with I will probably pick them up from you. Wife is a. 7.5 ladies and a 5 in kids. I suspect she would need a 4 since bunnies run big (if that is a real size!). I could use a collection of small ones though as I have a herd of boys growing fast and they would likely all eventually fit someone!

there was a guy at the bolling alley on palmer wasilla had new ones....i think they get them from the same guys at bunnyboots.com...i think

Quote Originally Posted by hntr View Post
    I hit 7 places, the only one that had my size was the surplus store on arctic. I didn't feel like dropping a c note on used surplus boots so I spent $20 extra and bought some new pack boots that are supposed to be good down to -100. Place on spenard had them for $50 but they were falling apart.
    Which pac boots?

Quote Originally Posted by hntr View Post
    Any one know where to go for bunny boots in anchorage. Ive seen the guy out in wasilla selling them out of his trailer.

Thanks

Way to wait till the last minute before a winter expedition!

Second Chance on Spenard has a wide selection of the white beta bunny boots.

Anyone have some small bunny boots their kids may have outgrown laying around? Smallest I have found is 5 locally. Need a pair of 3 or 4s

The great thing about surplus bunny boots is the fact that the Army Supply clerks weigh them. When they weigh over a certain amount for a given size boot, it's because the inner insulation that was once impervious to the elements......has now become contaminated with moisture. It then renders the boots worthless with mediocre insulating capabilities. Chances are that a good many surplus boots, were those sub standard "throw aways". Bunny Boots suck, I don't care how many people recommend them. The funny thing about that theory of getting your feet wet and the boots still keeping your feet warm......it's not always the case. I was discussing this with one of my professors who has done many scientific expeditions in Alaska......he got frostbite from getting his feet wet in bunny boots. Wonder if he had a pair of surplus throwaways?

I'll take a nice set of expedition grade pack boots made by sorrel any day of the week over a set of bunny boots. I've actually got my feet wet before during an overflow situation. It was nothing to pull out a dry set of inner-boot liners, and slipping the nylon overboots off my wet inner-boot liners, drying the insides of the overboots with snow, putting on the dry inner-boot liners/dry socks......and jogging around in place to warm things up again.

matnaggewinu

I take a 7.5 ladies and have a pair of 5R bunny boots (Batas). I think if I did it again I'd go with a wide - these guys aren't loose enough to fit more than one pair of socks. I definitely would not go with a 4. You should be able to get them for less than you'd pay for bigger sizes.

Also check out ebay - sometimes there are some in smaller sizes, although I think a lot of sellers claim they've got Batas when they don't.

Supporting Member

Big Ray's, in Fairbanks, has a large bunny boot inventory, if you're looking for a hard to find size.

I have a love/hate relationship with bunny boots. I wear mukluks ... all winter. However, there are conditions where they don't work well. And, at many of those times/conditions, only bunny boots will. When I have to wear them, I love them. They do work, as advertised, unless they're in substandard condition. My current Bata Zero Guard boots weigh 9#. My favorite mukluks, with a good sole, weigh 3.5#. And they feel like a pair of winter running shoes, that keep you more than comfortable in severe conditions. When I go traveling by dogsled or snow-go, I take 2 pairs of mukluks and a pair of bunny boots, plus a pair of waterproof gaiters. I'm fixed for any conditions.

Others may have varied solutions to cold feet, but, no experienced Alaskan would dismiss the importance of bunny boots in Alaskan back country in winter. They are a potential life-saver ... warm, waterproof, utterly simply, nearly foolproof, weigh 3X as much as I like, ... and gave me a small dose of trench foot, a long time ago, after 14 days of 24 hour wear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast