Thread: Surf Casting / Fishing Pics, anyone?

Default Surf Casting / Fishing Pics, anyone?

Hi folks,

I'm looking for any photos of someone surf casting in Alaska, for our fishing pages. If you have something you would not mind letting us use, let me know okay?

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thumbs up Surf fishing in Whisky Gulch.

Picture 557.jpgPicture 558.jpg Here's a couple photos from Whisky Gulch a few years ago. Hope they work for you. Could you let me know where you use them. I'd like to see them. Thanks, Kim

Capt Kim,
    How did you do from the beach there. I am going to build some Surf rods to het the beaches with next year

Pretty typical size halibut and a medium sized skate. Not great pics but u might note the home made rod holders on the bumper.Attachment 56474Attachment 56475
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Default fishing the easy way.........

Motorcycle insur. pprwk. 049.jpgMotorcycle insur. pprwk. 030.jpgAnother typical size butt and the wife fighting a large skate that broke off after about 45 minutes. I think the first pic shows the bumper rod holder I made with a bent piece of old sign and a piece of plastic 2" pvc bolted to the bumper.

Default A couple more.........

One butt spit out this crab and a 6 inch long sculpin looking fish. Pic 2 shows a fun couple hours catch. I lost one other king that day. pics 1 005.jpgpics more 013.jpg

11 fishing 205.jpg11 fishing 211.jpg

Last May 2011, Whisky Gulch only one from the beach, was slowwwwwww oh well learned some new tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kim View Post
    Picture 557.jpgPicture 558.jpg Here's a couple photos from Whisky Gulch a few years ago. Hope they work for you. Could you let me know where you use them. I'd like to see them. Thanks, Kim
    Kim,

Thanks for posting these! I decided to use the one with you sitting in the chair. I enhanced it a bit to bump up the exposure and such, and posted it ON THIS PAGE. Congratulations; you're famous!

This is a new section of the site, and I would love to hear from you folks on what should be on this page. I have lots of ideas, but you folks are doing this and know way more about it than I do. Here's how you can help:

1. Tackle list. What items should someone bring with them for this? I'm talking hooks, sinkers, swivels, whatever. Also rods, reels, what kind of line... I'd like people to be able to outfit themselves from this page.

2. Techniques. It sounds pretty straightforward, but I know you guys know some tricks and that you have ideas.

3. Locations. Not looking for anyone's secret spots here, but as you can see from the photos, we're not exactly talking combat fishing here. The areas I'm looking at are southeast Alaska, the Kenai Peninsula, PWS, and anywhere else you think would be worth letting folks know about.

4. Bait and lures. What are you using, for which species?

5. Species. I have listed some species on the page already, but I may be missing some. No, I'm not talking about sculpins and such. Just the fish people are targeting.

If any of you are so inclined, you could email the info to me or send it via pm.

Thanks so much for your help with this!

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay