Thread: letting the kids ride

Default letting the kids ride

We go the kids a ATV for X mas and they have never rode an ATV before. I wanted to take them out and teach then how to drive and shift it. where should I talk them. I'm not looking to trail ride or anything just a parking lot that I can keep and eye on them. Its a smaller ATV and I don't want them getting stuck in the snow all the time. Any ideas?

Pretty tough right now. There's snow everywhere I know of in the Valley. I don't know how deep the snow is on the lakes in the lower Valley, but that's the best chance at a place to go.

If you bought it from a dealer, ask them. They may know a place or let you do this in their lot.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

the large plowed chugiak high school parking lot on a sunday, or something similar
    "f/64 and be there"

The snow machine trails are great for learning on. There really isn't a way for them to hit a tree and if they get off the trail the snow stops them. There almost isn't a way to get truly hurt! I have been working with my kids on mini quads starting this year. The biggest thing I stress is to get away from the darn thing if it starts tipping. I teach them how to shift their weight on off camber areas and for hill climbing but the biggest rule is when you lose it cash in the chips, get out of the way and let it go. Wheelers are easier to fix and cheaper than bones.

how old are these kids? the snow machine trails around the house suck for 4 wheeling, cause we got so much snow so fast the snowmachiners couldn't keep um packed down. you might try coming out and messing around on the ice road. its real wide and doesn't see much traffic this year, at least form my experience.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Head out to Knick. The bridge area should be ok