Thread: New from S&W: 6.5" barrel 329 XL Hunter 33 oz.

welfare state of Alaska

Default New from S&W: 6.5" barrel 329 XL Hunter 33 oz.

S&W has done it again!

Stumbled across this one the S&W website:

33 oz for a 6 1/2" barrel .44 Magnum vs. 45 oz for the 629.

And this is with the SS cylinder - with a titanium cylinder it will drop some more weight - maybe go under 30 oz.

Also check out the grips - these should be an improvement over the orginal 329 PD grips without adding a lot of bulk or weight.

For most hunting in the lower 48 this should do the trick. Also a great carry gun for Alaska for those that feel adequately equipped with a .44 Mag.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

That revolver has been on their website for about a year. I had one on order through their Military discount program for many months before finally cancelling the order after S&W told me via phone call they were unsure when they would actually make it. In a round about way they sort of suggested they made a couple off the bat but when I tried to push them to get an accurate answer they side stepped it. I even posted something here about it when it first came out.
    Bought a Stealth Hunter instead. Still, would like to buy one but doubt if they will ever make it.