Thread: A video step by step

Default A video step by step

While sitting around tying a bunch of flies i decided to put a step-by-step video togeather to help those that need it most. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/22_Mo5WiZu0
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Nice video. Thanks for posting.

Nice tye!

I like how you secure the pro line.I usually go through the eye of the front hook, but think I will use your style when I am tying with eyes.

Thanks for the video. Clear & understandable for a rookie like me.
    I am suprised that the pro line isnt secured through the eye & that just the thread & glue have the integrity (but I trust you know what yo are talking about!) to hold the trailer hook.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I haven't had one fail yet knock on wood. I would assume that the heavier thread I use plays a big role. I put a lot of tension on it while securing all material to the hook

That is a nice posting on instrcutions and tools. Keep up the outstanding work. I will share a little something from my past and trust me it is not a dig. Back many moons ago I was just "smart" enough to commercially produce hand tied flies. I spent years taking out material and steps to get to the point I am now which is still tying flies however not commercially. :-). In your video you accomplished a couple of half hitch knots by hand no tool why do you still use a whip finish to complete your creations? It is obvious you have the ability to finish without one and IMO not required your half hitch was tied with speed and was tight. Also Nice Griffin Bobbin Mini my favorite.

Again keep up the outstanding work it was extremely nice for you to share that great video.

BMR

Thanks for the kind words. I guess its a habit. The one thing I hate the most is a fly that gets destroyed with a first cast or first fish. That's why I started tying my own.

Your Welcome and LOL I was told by some friends years ago (again) Your cut off stop mouching flies. I thought heck I ain't married how can I be cut off. Similar issue with $1.25 a piece at the Local fly shop two cast one fish and new fly. With your ability skip the Whip Finish Tool just do it by hand works the same holds up just fine. From what I have noticed over the past two years you tie alot and very well might I add. Think about it this way picking up the tool 15 second per fly 100 dz flies = lots of time :-)

Keep up the great work.