Thread: scott canoe hudson bay freighter

Default scott canoe hudson bay freighter

driving up from montana to fairbanks looking to get some hudson bays and hall them on a trailer trying to figure out who might be interested in them before i commit to it any input would be good.

Crodz:

I am in Anchorage and I would love to get one! I am sure there are others who would be interested. Please keep me in mind.

BEE

Watch out for the low post scam artist....they have been popping up on the for sale post...

Piper:
    Thanks for the heads up! I sure would like to get one of those canoes, and let the idea take ahold of my writing.
    BEE

im not a scamer i live off of badger road in fairbanks for the last 8 years i have read other people say in other post how they were interested in them, i experienced one on the yukon river and they work great just figured since i would be going through canada i would pick some up on my on expence

Just curious as I'm sure others are, you joined almost 2 years ago and made 3 posts?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

i dont know what 3 post and two years ago has to do with it ive used this forum for a long time mostly to view guns and outdoor equipment for sale. like i wrote IM LOOKING TO BUY THEM WITH MY OWN MONEY their is nothing to scam some one with that. i do plan to sell them for a little bit more than i get them for, mostly for the expenses im just trying to get a idea how many people would be interested in them before i commit to it at all, i plann to get one for my self since im driving through canada maybe i can get a few more. the other option is people that are interested in them could drive to white horse and pick one up.

It seems that crodz71s inquiry has gotten an unnecessarily harsh reception. He did not ask for any money up front, and none was offered.

Crodz71 then said explicitly that he intended to get the canoes to Alaska at his own expense. Under these terms, nobody is in any financial jeopardy but crodz71 himself. If those continue to be his terms, hes doing a favor for everyone who would like to get a Hudson Bay canoe.

I think crodz71 is acting in good faith, and that his treatment here has been unfriendly.

Default Hang in there crodz71

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    It seems that crodz71s inquiry has gotten an unnecessarily harsh reception. He did not ask for any money up front, and none was offered.

Crodz71 then said explicitly that he intended to get the canoes to Alaska at his own expense. Under these terms, nobody is in any financial jeopardy but crodz71 himself. If those continue to be his terms, hes doing a favor for everyone who would like to get a Hudson Bay canoe.

I think crodz71 is acting in good faith, and that his treatment here has been unfriendly.
    I second that. Crodz71, don't get run off by a few; this is the Internet; there are people of ALL types on here, just like in real life, except the less vocal ones in real life are often more vocal behind a keyboard. Hang on in here with us, OK?

Well you can look at it any way you like...you should notice that no mention was made in the opening post about buying the HB on his buck...I just went through a run-in with a scammer in the firearms for sale post....same scenario, low post bidder....if this guy is legit, and has the cash to bring extra HB's to AK. More power to him....I would definitely steer clear of any up front money deals with unknown Internet middlemen who are going to do you a big favor...

Quote Originally Posted by pipercub View Post
    Well you can look at it any way you like...you should notice that no mention was made in the opening post about buying the HB on his buck...I just went through a run-in with a scammer in the firearms for sale post....same scenario, low post bidder....if this guy is legit, and has the cash to bring extra HB's to AK. More power to him....I would definitely steer clear of any up front money deals with unknown Internet middlemen who are going to do you a big favor...
    That's what the US Attorney calls "wire fraud"....FBI loves those cases...easy to solve and it bumps up their stats for the year!! Maybe 3-5 years pled down to little or no time and a hefty fine. If it involves interstate sale of firearms, ATF would most likely be interested too.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

OK, I'll bite. From one low poster to another, greetings. I am interested but unsure if you can beat the cost of getting them here other ways.
    If you are serious about this, why don't you do some homework, and give people here who might be interested some specifics. For example, you could post your prices for Albany's and HB's with/without various features delivered to your destination (without road damage), and have interested parties reply with their requests on a PM.
    If I was driving up, I would see some risk of not selling them quickly, but there appears to be plenty of need for freighters here.
    RandyS

im driving a truck up from the states and halling a 20 ft trailer was going to strap the canoe down to the trailer and awy i go. i figured if the hudson bay freighter could go up and down the north fork of the tanana the alkan should be no problem cant go much over 55mph any ways. no trailers to much hassle from what i got out of it, trailers would be better bilt in fairbanks and more reasonable price. it was going to be hudson bay freighters only the cost for the canoe black vynil trim, reinforced kevlar nose, low transom would cost about 3800 than shipping to alberta from ontario would be 400 ish then i would contiplate maybe 500 dollars for the expense of the trip and my time coming to a tottal of 4700 all these prices are from dealers and the main office in ontario. All said in down i am just getting one for me and a friend i was just making this thread to get responses from other alaskans to see if it would be worth wile to get a few more but it seams to be to much hassle. thanks to every one for there time.

If you do decide to pick up any extra's I would be interested.
    BEE

While I do understand the tremendous ability of the HB, I'm surprised no one has brought up the Albany, which is just a few feet shorter yet is still rated to haul (literally) a ton.

I just looked at the Scott site and the Albany does indeed seem like a heck of a boat. 65 lbs lighter and rated at 1555 lbs may be just what I would like. Thank you for pointing it out. I sure wish I could see them side by side! One thing about living down south I liked was when they had canoe days offered where you could try out different ones on the water and see what you like best- would be nice to do the same with the Scott boats.

I bring it up because my Scott is an Albany.

Slightly smaller doesn't mean worse; I've had mine in 4 foot lake waves and never once thought I might capsize, and once I stopped when the stream became about 50 inches wide (and I have a 48 inch beam). I could get out on either side of the boat with equal ease. ;-)
    I stand up much of the time, and never feel ill at ease because of that. I've even sat on top of my 15 HP 4 stroke OB motor before while going upstream. Stable. Strong.

But the HB does haul more, can handle a larger motor, and is a bit more stable (though my Albany is WAY stable; I walk on the gunnels to get to shore sometimes).

Bottom line: they're both great boats.

Crodz71, I sent you a private message.
    RandyS