Thread: Hunting DVDs, Alaska books, hunting/fishing mags, Alaska history, Kodiak

Default Hunting DVDs, Alaska books, hunting/fishing mags, Alaska history, Kodiak

Iím currently on another vacation in Afghanistan so it looks we are all are going to miss spring bear hunting, all of the summer fishing and fall hunting season. So if you have any hunting dvds, Alaska history books, books about Kodiak, Sheep hunting etc. and donít mind parting with them Iíd be happy to share them with other soldiers here. If you have anything you would like to donate you can drop them off at Marita Sea and Ski http://www.alaskapowersports.com/ in Anchorage with Lori Price or Tracy Harmon. If you would rather mail them to me directly pm me and Iíll send you my address.
    Thanks for your support.

Kodiak Island And Its Bears by Harry Dodge lll is an excellent book!

You can order it here- http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...products_id=26

Last Of The Great Brown Bear Men And Track Of The Kodiak, both authored by Marvin H. Clark are great books as well.

Two other titles that are out of print and somewhat expensive are the Kodiak Bear by Jim Woodworth and Kodiak Bear hunt by J. Frederick Palmer. Both are great titles to seek out and read.

I should also add the next two titles as well, even though they aren't 100% Kodiak related there is plenty of Kodiak content. Fair Chase With Alaskan Guides by Hal Waugh and Alaska Game Trails by Charles Keim. Both books are among my favorite Alaskan hunting titles and must-haves in any serious Alaska hunting book collection.

I'll co-sign on this one. bnkwnto was in my unit for a while and he's a good guy. I'll be back and forth between the valley and Anchorage quite a bit over the next few weeks. I'm getting out of the Army in 2 weeks and buying a house out in Palmer. If anyone wants to have something sent to him and his guys, but isn't going to make it to Anchorage, I can meet up with you in the valley and drop it off at Marita Sea & Ski, if you're ok with that bnkwnto.

I have some of these titles that I can drop off at Marita and a DVD or book that I'll buy and have shipped 2 you. Have you read any of the titles I've mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    Iíd be happy to share them with other soldiers here.
    I know who to come hit up now!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the support!

Quote Originally Posted by bnkwnto View Post
    Iím currently on another vacation in Afghanistan so it looks we are all are going to miss spring bear hunting, all of the summer fishing and fall hunting season. So if you have any hunting dvds, Alaska history books, books about Kodiak, Sheep hunting etc. and donít mind parting with them Iíd be happy to share them with other soldiers here. If you have anything you would like to donate you can drop them off at Marita Sea and Ski http://www.alaskapowersports.com/ in Anchorage with Lori Price or Tracy Harmon. If you would rather mail them to me directly pm me and Iíll send you my address.
    Thanks for your support.
    Send me your address and I will send you "Kodiak Island and its bears" and some hunting DVD's

Thanks for your service!

Dave

Grizzly1- Thanks I really apprecaite it. I haven't read the books you mentioned and it really sounds like we would enjoy them.

DucksAndDogs- Thanks, that's really nice of you. I'll have to take you for a float down the kenai or let you tag along on a ptarmigan hunt when I get back. You would love watching Nitro and Dusty (my buddies dog work).

ramhunter- I'll send you a pm with my address. Thank you

Bronco- you know I'll take care of you and Kenny if this works out.

Thanks for the support. I love to hunt/fish all over Alaska and I'm always looking for anything that will help me plan another hunt or fishing float trip. I mentioned Kodiak in the title because that's one of the places I haven't been yet. If we get back as planned I believe a kodiak deer/goat hunt will be only big game option left for the year. It's just hard to plan when you can't bet on getting home when Uncle Sam says you are.

1340 Rudakof Cr Anchorage, AK 99508 (Off Debarr & Bragaw across from Costco)

Default A message from a soldier....please help support our troops!

Based on the following message from a soldier:

I am currently on another vacation in Afghanistan so it looks we are all are going to miss spring bear hunting, all of the summer fishing and fall hunting season. If you have any hunting dvds, Alaska history books, books about Kodiak, Sheep hunting etc. and donít mind parting with them Iíd be happy to share them with other soldiers here. If you have anything you would like to donate you can drop them off at Marita Sea and Ski http://www.alaskapowersports.com/ in Anchorage with Lori Price or Tracey Harmon.

Thanks for your support

Marita Sea & Ski/ Alaska Power Sports are big supporters of our Soldiers. We donate to Alaska's Healing Hearts program supporting wounded soldiers to make dreams come true and other programs. If you have anything you would like to send overseas for reading material, please drop it off at our store to Lori Price or Tracey Harmon. I will take care of the care packages myself (Lori Price).

Marita Sea & Ski/Alaska Power Sports
    1340 Rudakof Circle
    Anchorage, AK 99508

I'm moving into my house in Palmer on Monday. I'll be back and forth quite a bit between Monday and the 20th. If anyone in the valley wants to donate something, shoot me a PM and I'll meet up with you and make sure Lori gets it.

I have "Alaskan Adventures:The early years" and "Adventure is my business" by Russel Annabel and "My lost wilderness" by Ralph Young. They are adventures and hunting stories in 1950-60 AK. They are good reads. If they are something you would want, let me know you addy and ill send them over. And if there is anything else you need let me know.

Thank you for your service,

Be safe and hope you get to go home soon,

Fin

HerdBull,
    Thanks, all of the books you mentioned sound like really good reads. I love really old hunting stories. I tried to PM you my address but apparantly you don't have enough posts to except PMs yet. I don't really want to post my address on here. Where are you from?

Not problem, i dont blame you. I am new to the site so not too many posts. that will have to change i like this site, and i have thousands of posts on 2 other forums so its doable.lol. I just moved from St. Marys, AK to Anchorage today actually. I am sitting in the hotel room as we speak. My email is bigskysongdogs@gmail.com. Shoot me an email

Take care
    Fin

Grizzy1,
    Thank you!! I just got the DVD Kodiak Island Brown Bears. Special thanks to MooseRidgeTradingPost.com they included an extra 4 dvds with it (2 Jim Shockey and 2 Fair Game DVDs).

For you guys on Salerno hit me up and I'll let you borrow them.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the support!

Ramhunter,
    Thank you! I got your box with the sheep and mule deer hunting DVDs and the books along with some hunting mags.

If you are on Salerno and want to borrow a dvd or magizines hit me up.