Thread: Rodbuilding

Default Rodbuilding

Greetings to everyone. The holidays are behind us and it is time to back to building some rods. I host rodbuilders in my shop to get together and see what everyone has been building. The next workshop will be

28 January starting at 10:00am and we try to be finished by 6:00ish

These are a casual affair with at least 1 presentation to try and develop everyones skills. This months topic will be "Planning advanced Buttwraps". There are many beautiful opportunities for dressing up your rods but it can be a bit intimidating. I am by no means an expert on this but I can usually clear up some of the confusing parts to this process. These workshops are open to everyone but I like to have a head count so I can prepare for everyone.

Anyone interested in attending either message me on here or email me at 907rodbuilder@gmail.com I will hold a spot for you and send directions once you let me know your interested.

I am also a Batson/Rainshadow dealer so if you need anything from them let me know and I can get it ordered for you or I may have it on hand.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by High_Pockets View Post
    Greetings to everyone. The holidays are behind us and it is time to back to building some rods. I host rodbuilders in my shop to get together and see what everyone has been building. The next workshop will be

28 January starting at 10:00am and we try to be finished by 6:00ish

These are a casual affair with at least 1 presentation to try and develop everyones skills. This months topic will be "Planning advanced Buttwraps". There are many beautiful opportunities for dressing up your rods but it can be a bit intimidating. I am by no means an expert on this but I can usually clear up some of the confusing parts to this process. These workshops are open to everyone but I like to have a head count so I can prepare for everyone.

Anyone interested in attending either message me on here or email me at 907rodbuilder@gmail.com I will hold a spot for you and send directions once you let me know your interested.

I am also a Batson/Rainshadow dealer so if you need anything from them let me know and I can get it ordered for you or I may have it on hand.

Kirk
    I would be interested in attending-- my middle girl (15) is interested in doing this and I told her that Alaska FlyFishers Association does this in the winter and maybe we could do it together. She/We have never built a rod -- how long is the process. Sounds like your workshop is for people that already know how to do this-- have the supplies/tools and just get together to hone skills. My daughter nor I have these skills and need a start from scratch approach. Do you know if Alaska Fly Fishers is going to do this again or maybe there are other approaches. Time this winter seems to be just as busy as summer just colder but I told her I would look into it for her and do my best to carve out some daddy daughter time.