Thread: 325 wsm kimber

Default 325 wsm kimber

Some groups from yesterday it was cold as beck I do know that much. going to settle on the load of 66.5gr of RL 17, Fed 215, 200gr Partition, OAL 2.895. Accubonds shot not so great but I did use IMR 4007. This rifle will shoot the partitions with any powder so far with IMR 4007 it shot real well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	56133Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo3.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	56132

Goes to show how much .005 makes at 2.900 bolt lift was stiff.. But at 2.895 everything was fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	56135

Looks lik a shotgun pattern you better just give up on that Kimber and give it to me for safe keeping don't want you to get all worked up over it not shooting and have a heart attack or some other catastrophe.

Yeah your right it feeds good (doesn't gouge case) it shoots good (doesn't shotgun pattern) I will deliver it to your place of residents.

Didn't take pictures but today in my .325 WSM (M70 Winchester Ext Wth) I shot a load of IMR 4007SSC 63gr, CCI 250, Barnes TSX 200gr, COAL 2.839" which is well within published Barnes manual data. BEst group I could get was 1.5" out of several four shot groups. I have tried numerous loads, various powders, neck sizer die, precision mic to measure all dimensions, cannot get consistent groups. I have other M70 Win rifles which I reload for and they are sub MOA or MOA. So, maybe I just have to live with this 1.5"group?

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    Didn't take pictures but today in my .325 WSM (M70 Winchester Ext Wth) I shot a load of IMR 4007SSC 63gr, CCI 250, Barnes TSX 200gr, COAL 2.839" which is well within published Barnes manual data. BEst group I could get was 1.5" out of several four shot groups. I have tried numerous loads, various powders, neck sizer die, precision mic to measure all dimensions, cannot get consistent groups. I have other M70 Win rifles which I reload for and they are sub MOA or MOA. So, maybe I just have to live with this 1.5"group?

I have the same rifle and could never really get TSXs to shoot real good. This is one of my better loads, I did notice groups got better as I seated the bullet further from the lands. Now mine loves 200 grain Accubonds and puts them in one ragged hole, and they performed very well on game.

Good Luck

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Steve,
    Thats helpful info. I responded to you on another thread also. I tried Accubonds for a long while but they did not shoot very well. I thik my .325 WSM is just not an MOA rifle.
    CHAPS

I could not get the TSX's to shoot good either. I gave up before I started in changing the seating depth though. Might be worth a go.
    I do like the Sierra 220g bullets. I picked a bunch of the partitions for the next run. Can't go wrong with a 200g Partition.

200gr Accubond, 65.5gr H-4350 will shoot ragged holes(Kimber Montana) at 100yd all day long.

OAL-2.91" (ish) I have found the bullet length to vary
    primer-Fed 210
    brass-Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by heathkiks View Post
    200gr Accubond, 65.5gr H-4350 will shoot ragged holes(Kimber Montana) at 100yd all day long.

OAL-2.91" (ish) I have found the bullet length to vary
    primer-Fed 210
    brass-Winchester
    Yes but does it add any boyancy to the rifle? If not any recomendations on floatation options?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Yes but does it add any boyancy to the rifle? If not any recomendations on floatation options?
    Ah look Lujon trying to crack jokes... But I take it all in stride I laugh when buds THAT were with me that day say something. We get a good laugh cause we are still alive to tell the tale. Tell me one your hunting stories oops Nevermind. Tell you what sell me that kimber cause with your record you won shoot anything with it. After I shoot a moose with it I will chuck it into the delta river.. No pictures of dead animals with it... Come on buddy it's all in fun right...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Ah look Lujon trying to crack jokes... But I take it all in stride I laugh when buds THAT were with me that day say something. We get a good laugh cause we are still alive to tell the tale. Tell me one your hunting stories oops Nevermind. Tell you what sell me that kimber cause with your record you won shoot anything with it. After I shoot a moose with it I will chuck it into the delta river.. No pictures of dead animals with it... Come on buddy it's all in fun right...
    Ahh heck, I was hoping to go out with you guys next year too! Tell yah what, if ya let me come along I will hold your beer when you cross the river so you can have a free hand to keep on the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    Steve,
    Thats helpful info. I responded to you on another thread also. I tried Accubonds for a long while but they did not shoot very well. I thik my .325 WSM is just not an MOA rifle.
    CHAPS
    You might look at the rifle bedding or the torque of your action screws...just thinkin out loud

action screw torque is 65 in/lb - I doubt you'll gain anything in re-bedding since they are glass and pillar bedded when they're build but you might try full length 0-pressure bedding the barrel - that stabilized some loads for mine and didn't wreck the good load performance