Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***application deadline is today by 5pm***

Exclamation ***application deadline is today by 5pm***

A friendly reminder in case you have been busy with work or the holidays! Only online applications as the mail in deadline has come and gone. Hope everyone makes it in time, doesn't have glitches that have been mentioned, and gets drawn for everything but the hunts the wife and I have put in for.

AZinAK

I mentioned this to my #1 son a couple of hours ago. He thought he had a midnight deadline. He scurried home to take care of business.

While applying, a message came on my screen saying you must have a hunting license to apply. Does this mean I need a 2012 license or is my 2011 sufficient? I could not find any mention of it in the drawing supplement.

2011 hunting license number is fine

Quote Originally Posted by LongShadow View Post
    While applying, a message came on my screen saying you must have a hunting license to apply. Does this mean I need a 2012 license or is my 2011 sufficient? I could not find any mention of it in the drawing supplement.
    It is in the 4th bullet of the hunt supplement under "Read this section BEFORE applying" on page 1. It doesn't specify what year's license you need, but from past inquiries I belive a 2011 will suffice. I always just purchase my 2012 since I will need it whether or not I get drawn, so might as well.

I totally forgot to apply last year and I've had a post-it on my computer since Thanksgiving "Submit Drawing Permit App this week!"

Just did it an hour ago...no time like the last minute, lol.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I did the wife's and I's yesterday! Now I need to start getting things in order to apply for elk and deer in Arizona. That deadline is fast approaching too.

AZinAK

I tried to log in there yesterday at 4:28 and the server was shut down allready.

Quote Originally Posted by wildone View Post
    I tried to log in there yesterday at 4:28 and the server was shut down allready.
    Send them an email, they know they were having issues and I read that they were going to work with people, I would do it today. All they can say is no, nothing to lose.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I tried to put in applications and the link was down at 1000 hrs. I bet they get a lot of email about this. Hopefully there will be some consideration due to their links not working

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

Last year I worked new years eve night shift. I showed up to work and asked Mike, a guy who moved to alaska to get residency to hunt sheep, if he had submitted his application. No, but I'm gonna do it before midnight. Sorry buddy, it was 5 pm. Pretty sure he didn't make that mistake again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    I tried to put in applications and the link was down at 1000 hrs. I bet they get a lot of email about this. Hopefully there will be some consideration due to their links not working
    Man, it was a two month long application period! Next year give yourselves a couple of days buffer if you want to wait till the last minute to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    Man, it was a two month long application period! Next year give yourselves a couple of days buffer if you want to wait till the last minute to apply.
    Its them youngins. Just can't plan well and then they wounder why the boat is overloaded and sank.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Yeah but people will still piss and moan... Even though they could of logged on oh a month ago... I was having adobe and java problems with wife laptop. Got my daughters laptop and got on the site just fine.

Got ours in a day early. $75 in donations for the wife and I.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Send them an email, they know they were having issues and I read that they were going to work with people, I would do it today. All they can say is no, nothing to lose.
    Heck they would of got Article 15 for missing movement lol... Don't encourage them, one of those lesson learned things and they won't let it happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I see you are quite the philanthropist...

Crap! Forgot again!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post

I think I maxed it out with the exception of caribou since I went Tier 1 this year. They should at least give us a free king stamp or something as a consolation prize!

For people on these forums fairly frequently, it would be hard to miss the fact that the website goes down on a somewhat regular basis, every time on a weekend. Given that the application deadline was in the middle of not only a weekend, but a holiday weekend, there was no way in the world I would have waited until the last day or even the last couple of days to try to apply. "Stuff" happens. don't give yourself no buffer in case it does again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast