Thread: Anyone Familiar With Quartz Lake?

Default Anyone Familiar With Quartz Lake?

I just had some questions on what kind of gear i should use.And tips on where to fish? A couple of friends and I want to make a trip out there,but none of us have ever fished there.Any advice on what to use, or where would be a good area to try for big fish?I'm not asking what your secret spot is or what secret baits you use, just looking for tips from people who have had luck out there.

No secrets at Quartz...We typically fish within a couple hundred yards of the launch using what we call a Quartz Cocktail. Just a Nitro egg above a piece of shrimp. Truth is Quartz is generally very shallow just about everywhere so it's alot of sight fishing too. Anywhere between a foot (yes a foot) of water to about 5-6 feet is where I concentrate on. The state rec site provides a contour map if you are interested. I hear lots of techniques being used on seeing the bottom like crushed dried egg shells or rice being thrown down the whole but I like to use a cheap bag of large white lima beans. Works great. Swedish pimples tipped with an egg or similar also works well for 'bows, silvers & char (although you want deeper water for char). I have only been out there once this season and it was really slow. This time of year I think the lake slows down alot. Just my opinion. Good luck! Don't forget the pics!

Sapper in the Skies

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper 27 View Post
    No secrets at Quartz...We typically fish within a couple hundred yards of the launch using what we call a Quartz Cocktail. Just a Nitro egg above a piece of shrimp. Truth is Quartz is generally very shallow just about everywhere so it's alot of sight fishing too. Anywhere between a foot (yes a foot) of water to about 5-6 feet is where I concentrate on. The state rec site provides a contour map if you are interested. I hear lots of techniques being used on seeing the bottom like crushed dried egg shells or rice being thrown down the whole but I like to use a cheap bag of large white lima beans. Works great. Swedish pimples tipped with an egg or similar also works well for 'bows, silvers & char (although you want deeper water for char). I have only been out there once this season and it was really slow. This time of year I think the lake slows down alot. Just my opinion. Good luck! Don't forget the pics!

Sapper in the Skies
    What he said ^^^^^^^^^
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com