Thread: Anyone have prices?

Default Anyone have prices?

Wondering what the current rates are for marten and lynx hides.

You can get some info online from the auction houses. NAFA and FHA both have websites.
    Then there is Bill Wivoda and Joe Mattie, both in Fbks. You will need to call them. I don't know their phone numbers.
    You can get on their mailing list for future info. They each may have a website, but I'm not aware they do.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thanks. I got an idea from the site. A friend was telling me marten and coyote were going for like 200 or more and I just couldn't believe it. Looks like it is more like 35 and 45 or so on average.

Whenever I go to the grocery store, I always stop at the magazine rack and thumb through a few of my favorite magazines. There is a fur market report in the magazine called Fur Fish Game. It is a thin magazine compared to others but it has many articles on trapping, hunting and fishing. I looked at the fur report and if I remember correctly, the heavy Alaskan marten were expected to go for around $80-100. The canadian lynx were going for around $200. Fox were $40-50. What surprised me was the price of muskrat at up to the $10 range. This is a good little monthly magazine that any trapper would be happy to subscribe to. I remember as kid I could not wait until my next issue would arrive in the mail.

Marten xl dark males are up to $100, lighter females are half that. Lynx with pale bellies are up to $200 depending on size, darker bellies are less, kittens are $80.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

The articles in FurFishGame are from country buyers, not the auction houses, Hold on a sec and I will get you the most recent fur prices.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I'll post it in a new thread. it will take a while to get up.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.