Thread: Kodiak Family vacation/lodge advice

Default Kodiak Family vacation/lodge advice

My family and I have been stationed in AK for 2 yrs and this coming summer will most likely be our last one. I would like to fish in Kodiak before I leave here. My 9yr old son loves to fish, while my wife and daughter like hiking, exploring, etc.
    Anybody out there have any experience with any of the lodges on Kodiak that offer fishing, sea kayaking, etc? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Eric

Over the years I've had feedback from lots of families visiting lodges. By far the best and most consistent rave reviews for mixed interests such as yours has been Raspberry Island Remote Lodge. The owner grew up there and on marrying, bought the lodge from his folks for his own family, and really, really is family oriented.

Dick and Sam Rohrer have a fine bear viewing and sportfishing operation. They too are very family oriented. No lodge, but comfortable cabins, great food and awesome hosts.

Those two, (mentioned above), are both real good recommendations,
    from what I've heard and seen around the island
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thanks for the suggestions!

http://www.kodiakbigtimberlodge.com/

Great folks, known them for years. Just another option. All the recommendations here are good and Im sure you would have alot of fun at any of them.

Hey Goose
    If youare on a budget and a good do it yourself type you may want to check out this place. Its a comfortable summer cabin with lots to do, catch and see.
    http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Ko...O&parkId=75541
    Ther are a couple of legal outfitters in the area that can help set you up.
    PM me for more details.
    Attached Images Attached Images