Thread: Any pike in walk able valley lakes

Default Any pike in walk able valley lakes

headed out to memory lake in the am for some pike... I have fished it before with no luck but hoping this time is different. Any suggestion? Around the bottle neck...

No. That gets hit alot. Try the North side shoreline. 5 -6 years back they were getting some really big ones out of that lake.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

It's a shame that lake has pike. When I was a kid we did great fishing for trout. Andy, kill all the pike you can!

No there are not pike that want to bite in walkable valley lakes lol. The beer was cold and the company was great though.

As you said cold beer maybe a bit too cold but good time Where the hell were all the fish?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    It's a shame that lake has pike. When I was a kid we did great fishing for trout. Andy, kill all the pike you can!
    I agree. I remember pulling some nice rainbows out of that lake about 10 years ago.

I used to ride my dirt bike down there about once a week as a kid and caught tons of LL silvers and a couple pretty decent bows. Sad some goon dropped pike in there!

Prator was full of hammer handles the last time I was out there. Nancy lake has decent access in the winter or even long lake fishing is hit and miss though there are still some good pike to be found on the canoe trail but expect to walk 3 to 4 miles to get at them if you dont have a machine.