Thread: Oil lamp parts

Default Oil lamp parts

Anyone know where a person can buy parts for Aladdin Lamps locally? Wicks, mantles, etc.
    JOHN

Maybe not as local as you would like but Soldotna Trustworthy Hardware has them. I was in there yesterday and picked up some wicks. They have the round and 2 sizes of flat wick. also had a couple different mantels.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,
    Teach a man to fish and he'll also learn to drink, lie, and avoid the honey do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Bird Brain View Post
    Maybe not as local as you would like but Soldotna Trustworthy Hardware has them. I was in there yesterday and picked up some wicks. They have the round and 2 sizes of flat wick. also had a couple different mantels.
    Thanks, that will work
    JOHN

This isn't local but I'm sure you will be able to find any parts you could possibly need. Strait from Amish country in Ohio.
    AkKevin

http://www.lehmans.com
    Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? AkKevin The one and only

Quote Originally Posted by AkKevin View Post
    This isn't local but I'm sure you will be able to find any parts you could possibly need. Strait from Amish country in Ohio.
    AkKevin

http://www.lehmans.com
    I buy from them quite a bit and Ebay. I would rather keep my spending in Alaska. In the fourtys and fifties, it was easy to find those parts. Thanks anyways.
    JOHN

All those good parts and tools stopped when McKays hardware went out of business.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

It wasn't just McKay's going away, much of that stuff just isn't available anymore at a price anyone is willing to pay. I used to sell all sorts of Aladdin stuff. In the late 90's all the chimneys were produced in China and they were horrible in quality. I had a 100% return rate on Aladdin chimneys because of this, so I just started stocking the mantels and wicks. Even the mantles and wicks varied in quality. All these factors led my customer base that used Aladdin lamps to simply move away from them to propane or other light sources. My last batch of 24 wicks and mantels took three years to sell so we just quit stocking them. While Aladdin did a turn around in the early 2000's by going to better manufacturers, it was too late for most of my customers.