Thread: Cablea's & Bass Pro Drop Sitka Gear?

Question Cablea's & Bass Pro Drop Sitka Gear?

I was in Phoenix last week and shopped both Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. I noticed very little Sitka Gear, so at both locations I asked one of the sales folks why? Both stores shared that "they" were not going to be carrying Sitka Gear any more. Neither could tell me why, so I am wondering why "they" are dropping Sitka Gear, is it too specialized for the market, too over priced, or some other reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    I was in Phoenix last week and shopped both Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop. I noticed very little Sitka Gear, so at both locations I asked one of the sales folks why? Both stores shared that "they" were not going to be carrying Sitka Gear any more. Neither could tell me why, so I am wondering why "they" are dropping Sitka Gear, is it too specialized for the market, too over priced, or some other reason?
    Who can afford this overpriced crap?

Probably not a huge amount of demand for overpriced extreme rain gear in Phoenix where it's sunny 320 days a year.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

....but it does get wet and cold on the Rim....agree with the overpriced point!!

Speaking of rain jackets, I just got a really nice Helly Hansen shell jacket form Sierra Trading Post for $30....one of those, marked down already+30%+40% off and a coupon deals and they shipped it free. I think it was $200 retail. HH is usually pretty tough stuff.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.