Thread: Congraduations!

Default Congraduations!

I picked up an old Winchester .338 and had it painted for My son's high school graduation. He got to pick out the camo scheme and here is what he chose. What a great way to spruce up your tired iron. PB080001.jpg
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

thats pretty epic looking
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

He put bowling ball colors on an old blued steel/walnut gun?

I've got kids and grand kids of my own and their tastes and mine are not the same.I guess I'm just a fickle old fart!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    He put bowling ball colors on an old blued steel/walnut gun?

I've got kids and grand kids of my own and their tastes and mine are not the same.I guess I'm just a fickle old fart!
    I'm no old fart, but I agree with you EKC!

Well, it would not be my color choice but it is well done.
    I betcha that would be a killer Smurf hunting gun!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I believe the pattern and the colors came from an x-box game. I told him I thought it would fit right in, in Avatar. Took the walnut off and put a composite stock and a new scope on. Not the colors I would choose either but pretty cool that you can even do stuff like this.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

I've done 4 color pink camo, Barney purple, Harley orange and black, 3 color orange camo, and just about any color you can think of in Duracoat. I just did a 3 electric color purple, green and blue AK-47 for a Christmas present....looked kinda cool and you will never loose the gun...anywhere!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    I've done 4 color pink camo, Barney purple, Harley orange and black, 3 color orange camo, and just about any color you can think of in Duracoat. I just did a 3 electric color purple, green and blue AK-47 for a Christmas present....looked kinda cool and you will never loose the gun...anywhere!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    That guy 'beholder' has a very strange eye!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Default missed word

Nice naval/marine camo, would probably never see it if you were to surface from the depths of davy jones with it.

I gotta say, I like the color scheme...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I've grown to hate camo in its normal color. I had a wallet in camo. Worst idea ever. I'd lose it about twice a week. That gun looks nice and it will NEVER be lost if leaned up against a tree or if it falls off a snowmachine into snow etc... I like it. Tell your son the old guys who deride it are just jealous that they didn't get to pick out their own sweet colors for their graduation rifle.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6