Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Giant shrimp invade the Gulf of Mexico

  1. #1
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,234

    Default Giant shrimp invade the Gulf of Mexico

    This could really screw up gulf shrimpers. Hope they don't come this way!

    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...he-2424242.php

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

  3. #3

    Default

    Betcha you can't eat just one !!!

  4. #4

    Default

    Could this be the result of millions of gallons of the oil dispersant Corexit poured into the gulf last year to hide the BP oil problem?

  5. #5
    Member FishGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fishing your hole before you get there
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    I think it's from the nuclear fall out.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

  6. #6
    Member power drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Down wind of 2 Glaciers
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Steve, you might have to start making your pots a little bigger.

  7. #7
    Sponsor potbuilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    4,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    Steve, you might have to start making your pots a little bigger.
    Yeah i'll be building lobstah gear again!!

    Alaska Shrimp Pots

    Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

  8. #8
    Member Roger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Alaska
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    I'm gonna need a bigger boat.
    Bigger boat,Heck going to need a bigger BBQ Grill
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

  9. #9
    Member Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Niceville, FL
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Fortunately for me, I won't need bigger pots, boat, or grill - I can't catch shrimp to save my butt!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alasken1 View Post
    Could this be the result of millions of gallons of the oil dispersant Corexit poured into the gulf last year to hide the BP oil problem?
    Yep, and nobody will talk about it.

  11. #11
    Member Boreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southcentral AK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alasken1 View Post
    Could this be the result of millions of gallons of the oil dispersant Corexit poured into the gulf last year to hide the BP oil problem?
    Nope. It's an invasive species issue. Released or escaped from aquaculture pens.

  12. #12

    Default

    First the Invasive Shrimpers came in and now the Invasive Shrimp. Mother Nature has such a wonderful sense of humor!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
    Nope. It's an invasive species issue. Released or escaped from aquaculture pens.
    +1

    This is the same problem y'all face with aquaculture of Atlantic salmon along the Pacific coast.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •