Thread: Trigger Pull

Default Trigger Pull

What trigger pull do you like on your different firearms? Examples like hunting guns, plinking guns, and bench guns, or any other type.

A very smooth crisp trigger pull, not to light and not to heavy around 3#'s on rifles and havn't decide a poundage on hand guns.

what ever comes factory setting is what I use, makes ya a better shooter to use bad guns, then when you get a good gun you are really good. that being said 3 Lbs is mighty nice, but all my guns are around 5 I think.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I ain't no trigger expert, but IME, as long as there's no CREEP, you can shoot well with it, even if it's a heavier than you like.

I like 3.5 pounds and No Less. I like to have all my rifles have the same trigger weight.

I would rather have a 6 lb. trigger than a 2 lb. trigger.

IMO, Light triggers are DANGEROUS.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Cast Iron View Post
    What trigger pull do you like on your different firearms? Examples like hunting guns, plinking guns, and bench guns, or any other type.
    2.5 pound Blaser triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    2.5 pound Blaser triggers
    I knew that was coming... Blaser blah blah. OK, I understand they are nice rifles, I've moved a couple myself. But they aren't the be all end all of hunting rifles.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

For me I like crisp glass no creep, 3 to 4 pounds on long guns, 5 single action on handguns and something like 7 double action. Any trigger under 3 better be on a double set setup IMO, not fun to just be putting your finger in the guard and boom when you didn‘t even know you touched it. I can get used to a lot, I have a lot of bad triggers and shoot them fine but I won’t put up with a creeping trigger at all.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

One pound Jewell triggers. Double-sets on ones that have them, adjusted to a couple ounces once set.

I have a Can-Jar on my Hannibal that is set to four ounces on the set, and 2 pounds on the un-set pull. The Can-Jar has a wide shoe that allows for a very light feel.

My Kidd two-stage is set for a three ounce first stage and six ounce second stage, no creep and no overtravel. It is the shiznitz.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I'll second the set triggers. I have several on CZ's and they are wonderful for long rang shooting when set and they break clean at 3# when not set. The Sako and Tikka triggers are sweet as well on stock guns and there are lot of good after market triggers out there but for safety sake don't set them too light. Nitro is right the trigger shoe certainly makes them feel lighter that they are.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

my rifles are generally set at 2.5 # and revolvers & auto pistols around 3#. these practical triggers WON'T go off by accident, and will allow me to minimize firearm movement throughout the firing sequence. every shooter is different, but as a career law enforcement sniper i have never known one to use a heavy trigger.

it's sort of like using a havalon knife instead of an axe. LOL
    happy trails.
    jh

I like 2.5 lbs. on the majority of my rifles. I prefer a lighter trigger on my varmint rifle but I only chamber a round when pointed in a safe direction, it's set at 1.5 lbs.

I've shot a friend's rifle with a trigger measured in ounces rather than pounds, I didn't have enough control or feel. My long range rifle is set at 2.0 lbs and works very well for me.

My hand guns are 3.5 - 7.0 lbs. depending on action.

A crisp 4 lbs. for the 1911's and Browning Hi Power's. What ever the standard Glock trigger is for a Glock, and my S&W revolvers all have buttery smooth double action pulls and I usually don't shoot them single action. I consider these pistols and revolvers to be gun fighting handguns. On the AR for defending the castle I like the Geissele Super Semi-Auto Trigger. It is 2 stage with 2.5 initial take up then breaks at 2 lbs. So if your in a hurry just pull the trigger and on longer shots you take the slack out. My bolt action hunting rifles are between 2.5 to 3 lbs. I like about 2.5 lbs on a .22 rifle if I can get it. The lever action rifles are 4 lbs. and the shot guns are the worst, but the buck shot does not seem to mind. If you have your rifle 6" off a hard floor and drop it on the butt and the trigger drops the hammer or firing pin then the trigger weight is to light. Not all trigger systems are good and made to safely handle a light pull weight. But, most of the time the gun goes of unexpectedly when the person holding it decides to put their finger on the trigger before deciding to shoot.