Thread: Flat Lake Report - 12/26/11

Default Flat Lake Report - 12/26/11

Went to Flat Lake (map) yesterday. 10 F with some wind. Hardly anyone on Big Lake and nobody fishing on Flat Lake. On the way noticed only about three shelter/shanties on Big Lake and one on Mud Lake. Looks like those Eskimo Quickfish shelters are getting popular. Had a lazy start and got there around 1 pm. Tried the little "cove" on the south side (to the right of the compass on the map). Only caught what I guess is a small salmon about 10" with a single hooked white/silver krocodile about 10' down.

Then tried near the channel. Slow again. Tried a piece of shrimp on the lure and only got a mini-rainbow about 5' down who conveniently unhooked itself when I pulled it out, but I did have to actually bend over and push it back in the hole.

The ice on both locations was covered by a wet, slushy layer, but the ice was at least as thick as the ice scoop was long.

Thanks Dr. fishing there is either hot or its not. Will be hunting char on Big Lake today...

Let us know how you do.

Made a quick trip to Edmunds Lake today since it was close and I never fished there in winter. It was dead. I didn't really expect anything, but it was nice to get out.

Default ice condition

is anyone driving out on those lake yet? big lake to mirror (mud) lake, or flat lake?

Quote Originally Posted by akwchil View Post
    is anyone driving out on those lake yet? big lake to mirror (mud) lake, or flat lake?
    Yes, they are driving on the lakes. Watch out for overflow

We never made it to Big Lake today but went back to Seymour to see if we could entice a big one. No cigar. No action for us today and we didn't hear of any. One fellow saw a big one fin by but no bites. Slowww.