Thread: RC566 Tier 1 Question/Help!!!

Default RC566 Tier 1 Question/Help!!!

Not to wait until the last minute but I'm applying for my Tier 1 RC566 permit tonight and I thought there was a cost involved? I recieved my Tier 1 Internet Application Submission Receipt and confirmation number. Do I need to go back in and apply this somewhere and pay?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    Not to wait until the last minute but I'm applying for my Tier 1 RC566 permit tonight and I thought there was a cost involved? I recieved my Tier 1 Internet Application Submission Receipt and confirmation number. Do I need to go back in and apply this somewhere and pay?

thanks
    Negative. No cost involved. Tier hunts are subsistence hunts and require no monetary cost. There is of course the cost of sacrifice. Meaning if you apply, there is no going back. You are locked into that area for both moose and caribou for the entire year regulatory year.

I know it has its down falls but I'm thinking its all I can afford next year.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherman View Post
    I know it has its down falls but I'm thinking its all I can afford next year.

thanks
    It has its perks too, like 40,000 caribou that live and migrate close to a main road. Unlike 40 mile, they dont have to close early or impose additional area restrictions. It is a super cost efficient hunt, if cost is a significant factor for you. We hunted the walk-in only area last year from my wife's car (27 mpg) and were able to do it all between Friday evening and Sunday night. That was probably the cheapest successful hunt I've ever undertaken.

Hope to see you out there.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Now that's Alaskan...

Attachment 56036

We were laughing the whole way home.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6