Thread: bravo drives

Default bravo drives

please tell me difference in a bravo I ,II and III.Which is the more robust drive?It will be coupled to a 250hp diesel.

Bravo I is the lighter of the 3 drives...well built but to me falls into the Alpha Catergory. Bravo II big diameter prop, good work boat drive(had one on my 28' Bayliner 2859). Bravo III (this is what I changed to) many advantages to a duo prop. Overall short of a race drive these things are pretty stout and the latter 2 would work well with a 24 to 30 footer. As you got closer to the upper limit I would consider the B II.

Now a couple of notes remember, get it geared down for the diesel. Switching mine from the B II with 2.00 ratio to the B III with the same ratio, I really should have gone up to the 2.30 to be able to better use the available props. Now don't get me wrong my B III moves out with the 20 pitch props but could really use and 18/19 especially loaded but as fuel burns off it improves. I cruise at 25 mph and have a WOT of 42 mph dependant on load. I am running the 350 mag not the big block most others run.

I have a B II drop leg with 2 props with original factory paint if needed. It's in outstanding shape. If anyone know anyone in need.

I also have a B III core in need of a rebuild.