Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beast From The Deep

Default Beast From The Deep

Went out to the local lake today with temps hovering at -18 with fellow forum members Gutleap and Sapper27. The bite was very slow today but persistance pays off. There was only one good solid bite today among the three of us as I managed to connect with this beast from the deep hooked him right off the bottom. Great fight quick pic and down the release hole he went see ya!

Awesome......

Wow! How deep do you go for one like that? To the bottom is how deep?

Thats a great looking fish! Well done.

Sweet Hat! Nice job Ron!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

That is one nice fat hog of a fish. Good job!

We measured this fish at 34" and we estimated it weighed 16 lbs. The coloring on this beast is much darker than the normal for this lake. A very interesting fish. Even though Shawn and I did not get a bite, the adrenaline rush is there nonetheless when someone in the ice hut hooks into one of these trophy lakers. Good job Ron. Once again, I was just the photographer today.

Nice job Ron...NICE HAT ALSO! I guess you kept up your average this weekend?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Very nice indeed, hope to try for my first Laker this winter.

Well Done Sir!!

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

My hat was also prepared to be photographed but as you can see Ron was the sole victor today. I have finally decided to purchase a new (much better looking) heavy action rod! Lots of folks out on Hard Luck but I think we were the only ones who left at dark. I shall return Wed. with hopes of hooking up into a 30+ inch "beast of the deep". Nice job Ron! Next time Jeff...

Sapper in the Skies

Well done Ron! That fish is a beauty. Cant wait to make it back out there. Hopefully by Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Very nice indeed, hope to try for my first Laker this winter.

Well Done Sir!!

Steve
    You should join us sometime. PM sent.

Nice fish. In my experiences, 34 inchers go from 9 to 15 lbs 6 oz. The girth on that one would put it around 14 pounds if it measured 34 inches.

I try not to hold mine out so far. If it flops, it could injure itself. Plus, if you can't see the guys elbows......you know he is posing for a big fish pic. Let the fish talk for itself.

Super job old chap, im writing to you from AFRICA ,not too clued up on what you are holding but can imagine it covered in
    tinfoil smothered in rosemairy ,sage and a creamy layer of garlic butter roasted over a hardwood fire till the skin is crispy then served
    on a steamy bed of rice with a chilli chutney relish Oh Yummmmy....Or what we do with fish that size here in South Africa is rig it up as
    live bait and wait for BIG MAMMA see you later alligator or in a while crocodile...Collin Guy Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Guy Duncan View Post
    Super job old chap, im writing to you from AFRICA ,not too clued up on what you are holding but can imagine it covered in
    tinfoil smothered in rosemairy ,sage and a creamy layer of garlic butter roasted over a hardwood fire till the skin is crispy then served
    on a steamy bed of rice with a chilli chutney relish Oh Yummmmy....Or what we do with fish that size here in South Africa is rig it up as
    live bait and wait for BIG MAMMA see you later alligator or in a while crocodile...Collin Guy Duncan
    It is a 20-30 year old fish. It is back to live another day. I do appreciate you guys releasing the fatties.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper 27 View Post
    My hat was also prepared to be photographed but as you can see Ron was the sole victor today. I have finally decided to purchase a new (much better looking) heavy action rod! Lots of folks out on Hard Luck but I think we were the only ones who left at dark. I shall return Wed. with hopes of hooking up into a 30+ inch "beast of the deep". Nice job Ron! Next time Jeff...

Sapper in the Skies
    I have a really sexy rod I can sell you...let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    I try not to hold mine out so far. If it flops, it could injure itself.
    Are you talking about the fish or something else? hehe

Plus, if you can't see the guys elbows......you know he is posing for a big fish pic. Let the fish talk for itself.
    Com'on dirtofak there is no such thing as talking fish. Unless you mean Charlie, but hes a tuna....

Nice fish. In my experiences, 34 inchers go from 9 to 15 lbs 6 oz. The girth on that one would put it around 14 pounds if it measured 34 inches.
    In my experiences, 34 inchers (from Harding Lake) go from 14 - 18 lbs. Over the years we have weighed and measured enough lakers from Harding to accurately guestimate their weight based on the length. There was a 35" laker taken from Harding last week by fellow forum member tjg4 that weighed 17 lbs on a digital scale. I would say a 34" lake trout from another lake (say lake Louise) that does not have the abundance of bait fish that Harding does would perhaps be 9 to 15 lbs 6 oz.

Plus, if you can't see the guys elbows......you know he is posing for a big fish pic. Let the fish talk for itself.
    Mike, let's look at Rons' photo again. I count both elbows.

Let's take a look at one of your photo's Mike of you holding a 34" laker that weighed 15 lbs 6 oz. I only see one elbow. C'mon Mike, lighten up.

That is one Gorgeous Fish, Nice One, Alcan, and a great pic also

Curious, as you hooked him off the botttom, how deep is that guy hanging out, ?

Darker color than the average,.... 20-30 yr old,..... wow, what a trophy experience
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast