Thread: xd pistols

Default xd pistols

Does anyone have an xd 45 compact.
    If so how do you like it compared to a glock 21 or a S&W M&P 45c.

You are going to get responses all over the map. It's going to be a Chevy vs. Ford thing. Any of the three you have listed are good solid pistols and they will all have their fan boys and detractors.

That said, I have owned a full size XDM40 and my buddy has a XD40 full size. Both have flung thousands of rounds downrange without a single failure of any kind. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the XD45 compact based on this experience.

Thanks for the reply Doug,

I didn't think of it that way.
    I also have a XD40 that I have used for years,and have a Glock 19 and a S&W M&P in 357 sig so far they are solid reliable performers.
    I was just looking for hands on opinions on the compact 45.
    Thanks again

Good Holidays

I was looking at these a while back. Isn't the only difference between the XD and XD compact the length of the grip/mag? I thought the barrel/slide, etc. was the same and that it came with 2 different length mags.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I borrowed one for a day and packed it concealed. It's thick slide sent me looking for something else. There is something about a nice flat 1911 that is comfortable to carry all day. I am now willing to give up capacity for small size so I am toying with a Kahr CM9 and looking for a Kahr CM40.

i owned a xd, boy that thing felt cheap, got rid of it quick, let me tell you they dont hold their value worth a dang either. glock or a 1911 is where its at.
    Semper Fi!

I shot a XDm40 of a friend of mines, he said it was so in accurate and was gonna sell it....after the first shot I knew the trigger and could hit a 12 Ga shell 4 out of 5 at 15 yards. not bad for a gun you can't hi anyithg with. my brother hit 5 for 5
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    i owned a xd, boy that thing felt cheap, got rid of it quick, let me tell you they dont hold their value worth a dang either. glock or a 1911 is where its at.
    I though you were a 50 AE guy???
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I was not thinking of using it as a ccg, just another toy, house, range whatever. My CCG is a ruger sp 101 with ct grips. I wish I knew more about kahr guns I like what I see but I am not sure of there reliability for the long term will they run like a glock ?
    I do love 1911,s they are made for my hands. But they can be a little twitchy with ammo or mags ftf fte ect. I have had several my favorite was my colt combat commander SS, wish I still had that one...

Thanks for the comments

xdm great working croatia built weapons and the M stands for MORE
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

i love most guns but just couldnt let the xd in
    Semper Fi!

I have a Glock 30 and XD compact which are both 45 ACP. I carried the Glock for years but finally tried the XD. The Glock immediatly went into a drawer.

To me the XD fits my hand better and carries better because it is (or feels) thinner. The XD is also more accurate with both of them completely factory stock. Neither has much of a quality trigger and they need reworking. I love my Glocks but the XD is better.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Install a Powder River drop-in trigger system into that XD and you'll wonder how you even shot the thing before

My wife has an XD 40 Service Model and I have a XD 45 Tactical (soon to be a 460 Rowland). The XD's are dependable,accurate, simple to fieldstrip, point naturally, and don't cost an arm and a leg. I think they are one of the best deals out there for a handgun.

LOL... my wife likes her XD so much that I didn't even get the usual scolding for picking up the XD 45 Tactical. "....oh, an XD. At least you picked a good one."

Hey guys. I own a full-size XDM .45 and I love it. I'm looking for a light/laser combo to mount on the rail and am considering the Glock GTL 22. I've heard good things about it. Anyone know if it will for sure fit the XDM? Anyone own the GTL 22, and if so, how do you like it? Thanks.

Be sure to look at the Streamlight TLR-2 Tactical Weapon Flashlight w/ Laser Sight
    NRA Life Member since 1974