Thread: Adding a primer

Default Adding a primer

My old Venture 485 never has been a good starter below -25F or so. I have always loved the primer, on the old skidoos for cold weather starting. Any idea if such a device would be easy to install on the dual Mikuni B38-32/2 ?

Actually pretty simple......I am not real familar with your machine, but many sleds were equipped with a port in the rubber mounting booths. Just tap in to your fuel line and run the lines over the ports. If not equipped with the hookup, then you can drill the carbs on the engine side and epoxy or some will screw in for a quick connect up.

I added one to my four wheeler because it was such a beast to start when the morning temps hit zero. It would really be a PIA if it had taken a bath during the day and it froze over night. There was no way for me to move that choke.

Some aftermarket snowmachine parts places sell a kit that tee's into the fuel line and a nozzle that threads into the carb. Try Denniskirk.com or other powersports supplier. It is a pretty simple install.