Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Figure 8

Default Figure 8

Got out to Figure 8 yesterday with a couple of buddies. Lots of snow out there, don't bother with the wheeler. Some big deep wind drifts were awfully fun to play in with the sleds, but the fishing was poor. Caught maybe 6 and had 8 or 9 flags. Did not catch one jigging, which is incredibly odd. Not so much as a bite indicated they were not in a mood to bite, or they just weren't there. Left early to go play in some of the swamps and that made our day, so all in all, it wasn't too bad of a trip out there.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I love pike/ snowmaching combo trips. We have had a lot of fun doing that. Glad it was a good day for ya. That lake seems to get hit hard every year and it shows with smaller and smaller fish.

Thanks for the report!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

the russians already got that lake fished out.
    Semper Fi!

Everyone has already wiped that lake out along with any other lake close by.

There are still plenty of little pike in that lake. Always will be. They'll just never get very big like they used to.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

If the pike are all small it is most likely that they are overpopulated or ate most of the feed and have become stunted....

couldn't prove it by me...though I have only been there twice, I never even got a nibble.

Riding out in the dark sucks but the first couple hours always produced for me. From there on it was hit and miss. I do miss the old days when we pulled out one hog after another all day long!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Just have to drill a few holes and find the depth that the pike are feeding in.. usually 18"-3' of water below the ice.. Pretty shallow..

Best time is at First light.. all day and at dusk they bite constantly.. I spent the night out their last winter and not a strike after dark.. soon as it got light.. BAM..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    Just have to drill a few holes and find the depth that the pike are feeding in.. usually 18"-3' of water below the ice.. Pretty shallow..

Best time is at First light.. all day and at dusk they bite constantly.. I spent the night out their last winter and not a strike after dark.. soon as it got light.. BAM..
    Did not fish where you and I did, FYI. Fished on the other side for old times sake.

Default Heading out tomorrow

Gonna try my luck out there tomorrow. Anyone know if the trail is packed enough to take 4 wheelers out there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Justicemedic View Post
    Gonna try my luck out there tomorrow. Anyone know if the trail is packed enough to take 4 wheelers out there yet?
    There were alot of deep drifts when we were there Friday...

Went out there all day today. Rode 3 atv's and 1 smowmachine. Made it just fine. Fishing was slow, but we brought a few home. Time to start pickling.

Quote Originally Posted by Justicemedic View Post
    Went out there all day today. Rode 3 atv's and 1 smowmachine. Made it just fine. Fishing was slow, but we brought a few home. Time to start pickling.
    Sure hope you rode them atv's side by side down the whole trail so the rest of us who live here have the hardest time possible pulling our supplies into our cabins. The only thing better would be to take five atv's side by side!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Sure hope you rode them atv's side by side down the whole trail so the rest of us who live here have the hardest time possible pulling our supplies into our cabins. The only thing better would be to take five atv's side by side!
    Oh my god dude, cry a frigging river. Some folks only have ATV's to get places like this, get over it. Just the way it is.

I dont get upset about atvs on the trail, I get upset at all the thoughtless jerks that leave ruts all across the trails instead of just staying in one general area of the trail. Half of them also feel the need to do brodies too. This just reminds me more and more of the fact that the real Alaska is fading fast. Bunch of townies with no respect for others heh! Lots of people are staring to complain to DNR so hopefully some day they will crack down on all the idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    I dont get upset about atvs on the trail, I get upset at all the thoughtless jerks that leave ruts all across the trails instead of just staying in one general area of the trail. Half of them also feel the need to do brodies too. This just reminds me more and more of the fact that the real Alaska is fading fast. Bunch of townies with no respect for others heh! Lots of people are staring to complain to DNR so hopefully some day they will crack down on all the idiots?
    City slickers...

Ooops, I guess I wasnt politicaly correct! Townies are city slickers, got it. Thanks poarch0!

Alexander I feel your pain BUT.....It's normally only a few that give all a bad name. I have been on the receiving end of a wheeler rut while on my snowmachine and broke a tote sled because of it. But at one time all I had was a wheeler so now I just look at some of the idiots and shake my head. What else can we do....Safe travels

Your right akdube, but the only satisfaction I get is to let them know thru this website so maybe one or two of them will start paying attention to what they are doing. And it's hard to feel sorry for someone that can only afford a four wheeler so they have to use it in the winter too. One group shouldnt be able to ruin it for everyone else, wether it be snowmachines, atv's or skiers. As these atv's get better and are able to go in more snow it only gets worse. More and more of them poor " City Slickers" are buying $8,000,00 atv's so they can use one piece of equipment year around. And I can assure you thewy are City Slickers cuz no Bush Dweller with any common sense at all would get caught doing something like that! Safe travels to you too akdube!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast