Thread: Unable to View Conversation in Visitor Messages

Default Unable to View Conversation in Visitor Messages

Good Day,

When in my profile, I have visitor messages, but I am unable to view conversation or reply. It comes up with another page with this message:

Corpsman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You may not have returned the system-generated email that is required to complete your registration process.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

God Bless

Jeff

is your account banned?
    Semper Fi!

I haven't pissed anyone off yet I have all other functions
    My Brothers in Arms, I Will Never Be Able to Shake the Hands of the Real Heroes.

Well merry Christmas!
    Semper Fi!

LOL! Thanks for the help!
    My Brothers in Arms, I Will Never Be Able to Shake the Hands of the Real Heroes.

I hope nobody misinterpreted what I meant by saying "I have all other functions" What I mean is, I am logged in and able to do most things, but I get that screen I pasted above when I hit "View Conversation", or when I go into settings and select "Track Messages" that message comes up. I will put it up again so that there is no confusion since I am explaining it in 2 different places:

Corpsman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You may not have returned the system-generated email that is required to complete your registration process.
    2. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Thank you for your time!

Jeff

Mr Jeff,,

I checked and your account is good to go. You need to click on your screen name at the top of the page, visitor messages are viewed from your profile page, not using settings.

Give that a try and let me know.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Mr. Steve, just saw this post, I went in like you asked, by pressing my username at the top. I see a message from somebody before yours, and I hit view conversation so that I can reply to that particular message, and when I do, I get this:

Sorry

Corpsman, I recieved a visitor message you sent, an hour ago,

so apparently is working anyway
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I have no idea if this helps in troubleshooting, but I only have 4 visitor messages including yours, I'm not that popular LOL! Alaska4ever, Kenaibow Fan, KodiakRain, and Stid2677(you), out of those 4 great people, I haven't been able to view the conversation for Kenaibow Fan. Everyone else the conversation comes up and I can reply. His message, I get that screen I pasted up above.