Thread: half or full windshield?

Default half or full windshield?

I have been looking at getting a windshield for my ranger. I saw the thread on the half windshield and read what has been said on that. Mostly all positive. Was wondering if anyone on here has a full winshield and if they liked it or would go with a half windshield. I kind of had my mind made up on getting a full windshield until I read the other thread on the half windshield. I use my ranger mostly in spring and fall only.

I have a half windshield on my Ranger RZR 900 and even at almost 70mph that thing keeps the wind off of me and when water splashes up I can still see cause I don't have plastic over my field of view. amazingly enough keeps me pretty dry too
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

I have a half on my 2010 Ranger 6X6 and it works great. When dirty, fogged up, covered in ice or snow I can still see out. And it does a suprisingly good job of cutting the wind, cheap too, like $160.

I have both depending on the season but this year I have kept the half shield on and don't plan on changing it. Full wind shield sucks horribly in the summer. You get super hot, steamed up glass, mud on glass and don't get to enjoy the smells and views you get with the half shield. If you get one don't get a cheap one. The Polaris half shield is the strongest one I have seen. The other just crack

I must be the only person that considers the half windshield half way to worthless.

Removed my full shield and replace with half shield. Much clearer view. No fogging or dust sucking vacuum created inside the SxS.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I must be the only person that considers the half windshield half way to worthless.
    Pretty much! If I was a bit softer and had a full cab with defrost and a cd player then I may prefer the fullshield, until then I don't think I will use mine anymore.

I had a full windshield and asked about the half one in another thread for my 2011 Ranger 6X6. I got me a half windshield and I must say I was very surprised at how good it works. It keeps the wind off while letting you see when there is frost, mud or dust. I highly recommend one for the Ranger.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

I went with the full one also. it is awesome, didn't even bother with half. I also have the full canvas cab so the whole package really makes a nice ride when it is cooler or windy out. I haven't had it out in the middle of summer, but don't ride that much during the heat of the year. can't troll in the Kenai from a ranger...

Thanks for the responses. I guess I have a decision to make.