Thread: New "snowmobiles from China":

Default New "snowmobiles from China":

So after seeing through the smoke screen, I did some studying last year about these "all new" and "American designed youth snow machines". There are two companies who are importing these things for dirt cheap. If you want to be a "sell out America to China loser", you can order a conex of these things from Tangsun corp. for about $1000 a piece and get them shipped over. You can then start a website, post you tube videos, appear in Snowmobile Magazine and talk about how innovative your new company is. You can claim that parts are being manufactured to your "American Specifications".

Last year, most of these machines didn't make it to the market because of an explosion hazard with the gas tanks. If you don't believe me, you can check for yourself by calling the EPA and ask them why they didn't allow them to be sold last year: http://epa.gov/

You're better off buying your young child a Tundra, Bravo, 340 bearcat, or a 340 polaris used. But, if you like spending $5000 dollars on a machine that only cost $1000 shipped over in a connex.......feel free. Due to forum rules, I will not post the names of these companies, but with that said, people should at least know what they are buying for their children. If you would like to start your own company, here is the place to call so you can order a connex full of them:
    http://www.tangsunmotor.net/sdp/3941...nowmobile.html

Attached Images Attached Images

Would love to see this made in the USA but doubt that we ever will. The 300 tundra barely lasted any time at all. If it was Korean made and had a good dealer support network and was priced in thr 3-3500 range I would own one of these. That's a lot of ifs though and by the time anything like that happens my kids will likely be on to full size machines.

Nice to see the phrases caveat emptor and too good to be true are still very much in force in the marketplace....

Well, hopefully Polaris and Arctic Cat will soon come out with some 340 cc models again. How about an e-tec 340 high output from Ski Doo? They could put that motor in their Tundra. You'd probably see 30 miles per gallon or better. The little twin would have more torque than the old single cylinder 277 in that old tundra 300 F that you're referring too.

I miss the 340's and 440's. My first machine when I was a kid was a 1972 Bombardier Ski Doo Olympic with a 399cc motor and bogie wheeled suspension. It had plenty of power, and my father couldn't get his brand new Indy Trail Touring Deluxe where I could go. I'd oftentimes have to wait for him as he had to find an alternate route. My second machine in my teenage years was a 1978 440 Kawasaki SnoJet. There's really no need in spending $5000 on a China Sled in my opinion. Many of us (as kids) started on good used machines.

ya you really dont need a snomachine newer then 1990 or larger then a 440cc or by any other name then arctic cat
    Semper Fi!

Default Well guys & gals i started out on a 1966 ski doo new .

That darn doo would pull 10 screaming kids up the hill for another sled ride down the hill with all of 10 horse power.And at 10 years old you could pick it up and turn it around. But you could not trade me for todays tech sleds. Anyway I saw 90s polais machines for like 500 each today on craigs list. Same guy had them. Good luck with the kidos start em young is my motto. happy Holidays.

Default Ya, very 'mercan.... (not)

Some small verbatim quotes from their web site:

"Asoline Tank Cubage(L): 20"

"
    We are profession Motor sports vehicle manufacturer in china ,More detailed information request ,Please write enquiry email to ..."

"New energe vehcile"

"Warrenty Policy"

All those chinese dollars they have invested in their biz, and they don't even know to pay some American high school or college kid a few hundred bucks to clean up their web site. Just amazing, how some people attempt (poorly) to make a buck.

"Lead Time︰28 DATS"
    http://www.tangsunmotor.net/sdp/3941...W_SCOOTER.html
    At least they can make 'em fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Some small verbatim quotes from their web site:
    "Asoline Tank Cubage(L): 20"

"
    We are profession Motor sports vehicle manufacturer in china ,More detailed information request ,Please write enquiry email to ..."

"New energe vehcile"

"Warrenty Policy"

All those chinese dollars they have invested in their biz, and they don't even know to pay some American high school or college kid a few hundred bucks to clean up their web site. Just amazing, how some people attempt (poorly) to make a buck.

looks like it uses the same front suspension parts as them skidonts.
    Semper Fi!

It really does look like a cross between all of the current machines.

Out here a large retailer supermarket brought in some Chinese "Honda" 4-wheeler knock-offs. Boy you had to look closely to see they weren't Honda's. They would last about 2 months before things broke. Now get this: I was in the shop when the mechanic showed me a tube coming off the carburetor. It was actually a blind hole. He didn't know why it was there. He called the manufacturer rep in Los Angeles. The rep didn't know. They called the factory. They didn't know. It was something a Chinese engineer saw, or thought he saw, on the machine he was copying, and included it. Amazing.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I read the article in the Snowmachine magazine on these. They said the sellers of these machines wanted to be upfront about these machines being built in china. What a joke they are. If they were made by one of the big four and built right they might actually sell a few.
    I do wish they made a similiar sized machine for kids or smaller less experienced riders. Skidoo had the freestyle for a couple of years or so and used ones still sell for a decent price if you can find them. I still own my old 99 Tundra and the 11 year old will probably ride it some this year.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    looks like it uses the same front suspension parts as them skidonts.
    Yep they always try to copy the best don't they.
    If they Skidon't why do they lead the industry in sales figures for the last ten years or so?
    Last I read Skidoo sold 40% of all sleds and the other three fought for the remaining 60%.
    Your beloved Arctic cat may win on the snocross track but are trailing behind Skidoo and Poolaris in the sales numbers.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I read the article in the Snowmachine magazine on these. They said the sellers of these machines wanted to be upfront about these machines being built in china. What a joke they are. If they were made by one of the big four and built right they might actually sell a few.
    I do wish they made a similiar sized machine for kids or smaller less experienced riders. Skidoo had the freestyle for a couple of years or so and used ones still sell for a decent price if you can find them. I still own my old 99 Tundra and the 11 year old will probably ride it some this year.

Yep they always try to copy the best don't they.
    If they Skidon't why do they lead the industry in sales figures for the last ten years or so?
    Last I read Skidoo sold 40% of all sleds and the other three fought for the remaining 60%.
    Your beloved Arctic cat may win on the snocross track but are trailing behind Skidoo and Poolaris in the sales numbers.
    if you think that skidoo isnt ordering parts made from these chinese companys your sadly mistaken, you just pay the american (made to look that way) so called parts to take you money.

im sure the chinese and skidoo are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Semper Fi!

i really hate america but i still would take a polaris over these anyday

I have known the sleds were Chinese made ever since I first heard about them quite some time ago. The vendors never hid that. I believe the vendor went under but it looks like the sled production survived to be catalogued and sold by the container to anyone with the funds to order them.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I have known the sleds were Chinese made ever since I first heard about them quite some time ago. The vendors never hid that. I believe the vendor went under but it looks like the sled production survived to be catalogued and sold by the container to anyone with the funds to order them.
    Yes I also knew about their origins from the get-go.
    What is appalling to me is that they don't meeet our minimum safety standards. I sure would hate for my kid to get burned or blown up because of a gas tank explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    if you think that skidoo isnt ordering parts made from these chinese companys your sadly mistaken, you just pay the american (made to look that way) so called parts to take you money.

im sure the chinese and skidoo are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Yes and your precious Arctic can't has been using Suzuki engines for how many years?
    (Yes I do know they just recently switched or are switching to engines of their own manufacture)

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Yes and your precious Arctic can't has been using Suzuki engines for how many years?
    (Yes I do know they just recently switched or are switching to engines of their own manufacture)
    japan is allot better then chinese!
    Semper Fi!