Thread: Steiner Peregrine

Default Steiner Peregrine

Anyone have any experience with the above mentioned bino's in 10x42 or Merlin's in 10x42? How well do they compared to other bino's in the same price range? So far I have read good things about both but need to get my hands on them. Any other thoughts, suggestions, recommendations, etc etc.

I was recently in the market for a good set of binoculars. My budget was $1000 or less. I window shopped for a LONG time. I looked at just about every set of binoculars I could get my hands on. I spent many hours in Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Gander Mountain, Mountainview Sports, you name it. I was always disappointed with the Steiner binoculars, compared to others at the same price point. They didn't seem very bright or clear to me. The Kahles were the same way, disappointing.

I ended up ordering one of the demo specials from Doug at Cameraland. I bought the Minox HG 10x43's. I like them. They cost me $500, and I don't think I could have found better glass for less money. I hope they serve me well.

Give Doug a call. I found him very knowledgeable and pleasant to work with.

Default BIO

Have a pair of Steiner Pereqrine they are great love them used them 1 hunting season so far

My experience with Steiners is the same as Dan. I found their resolution to be sadly lacking. Sorry. J.

No worries I bought a set of Minox 10x43's from cameraland

The Minox 10x43 are outstanding glass. I played around a with these binoculars and came away very impressed! Gonna sell my Zeiss Classics to finance a Minox.