Thread: Halibut Charter in Seward for June-HELP!!

Default Halibut Charter in Seward for June-HELP!!

Well me and my family have procrastinated too much and are now realizing things are booking up quick for peak season, which is of course when we are planning to go fishing. We went with Pro Fish N Sea last year and had a blast, called yesterday and they are booked for the days our family will be in town. What I need is suggestions on who to go with now? There are 6 of us, one uses a scooter to get around, which wont be going on the boat but we will use it to get down to the boat and dock area. We would like a closed boat, so we can get out of the wind when need be. We were looking at chartering Pro Fish N Sea the whole boat for ourselves, so that is something we would still like to do. Any suggestions on who to use would be great, the quicker the better so we can reserve a boat. I have looked into Millers Landing for a boat but I have never heard anything about them. Thanks for your help in advance.

Default Cracker Jack

Try Cracker Jack charters next.
    Top notch outfit. After that do a quick search here as there was a list of charters posted not to long ago with the same type of question.

Quote Originally Posted by FishKiller06 View Post
    I have looked into Millers Landing for a boat but I have never heard anything about them.
    Miller's landing rents out 16' aluminum skiffs with a 25 hp outboard for pretty reasonable rates. That being said, they don't allow you to take them out far enough to really get into any halibut. My in-laws and I rented one last year to go catch some pinks (successful) and try (unsuccessfully) to jig up some black rockfish, which was a blast...but not the same as getting them into some 'buts.

-Brian

Salt Water Safari's.
    Ot Google for Halibut charters in Seward Alaska and find as many as you like.
    Tennessee

Default Halibut in June

The above recommendations are all good.

I recommend Eric Clock with Semaka Charters... I sent several client that direction last year and all were completely satisfied... http://www.semakacharters.com

Good luck

Default Some ideas on boats

Bummer were booked, during that time of the season try Semaka, Reel fun, White Bear, Alaska Summer charters, and Swell Time Charters

-Ben

Default Found one

Ben we went out with you and Kevin last year mid May time frame, so we didnt realize that for peak that you need to start booking in Jan for this kind of thing.

We did find someone that we have heard some things on here about (from past threads)and booked them, I was getting a little anxious about not having someone.

Wish we could have gone Pro Fish, next year we will book early for them.

Thanks for everyones help.

The fish house
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Try Sea Star Charter he great