Thread: Ketchikan deer...... need some advice

Default Ketchikan deer...... need some advice

I need some advice from anyone familiar with ketchikan. I am traveling there on business next week and was wondering what the chances were of me chasing a deer while I'm there. I hadn't planned on renting a car but I would if I could hunt the road system. Not sure what the road system consist of. Does anyone know if it's worth a guys time to try and hunt a few hours in the afternoons. I appreciate any and all advice.

Unit 1A--Ketchikan, deer season ended Nov 30th. You'd have to take the ferry to POW to do any hunting and that ends the last day of December. Sorry.

You might have a hard time finding antlers on deer also. Many have dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Unit 1A--Ketchikan, deer season ended Nov 30th. You'd have to take the ferry to POW to do any hunting and that ends the last day of December. Sorry.
    When did the airlines stop flying to in the winter? Last time I went to Thorne Bay, two different airlines flew almost every day.

There is an extensive road system on POW. Many accessable logging roads that you have access to...depending on how deep the snow is. There are a number of places to rent a car/truck. This is a popular way to hunt POW.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    When did the airlines stop flying to in the winter? Last time I went to Thorne Bay, two different airlines flew almost every day.

There is an extensive road system on POW. Many accessable logging roads that you have access to...depending on how deep the snow is. There are a number of places to rent a car/truck. This is a popular way to hunt POW.
    Planes still fly to POW, I was suggesting if he wanted to take his rental car to POW he would have to put it on the ferry. And yes, he could rent a vehicle on POW after flying over. Thanks.