View Poll Results: Do you support Prop 88, re NR Sheep Hunter Restrictions

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    71 76.34%
  • No

    22 23.66%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Sheep Proposal Poll

  1. #1

    Wink Sheep Proposal Poll

    Do you support the Exclusionary Sheep Hunting Proposals?

    Yes

    No

    Thought it might be worthwhile to get it in black and white. Maybe some of the Policy Makers will be given the opportunity to view the results!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  2. #2
    Member akiceman25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Two Rivers, AK
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Where can we read these proposals please?

    Edit;

    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...ofgame2012.pdf

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    Where can we read these proposals please?

    Edit;

    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...ofgame2012.pdf
    If you want to read the proposal, scroll down about a third of the way and look for proposal 88. I like limiting the amount of non resident sheep tags to 10%. Sue me.

  4. #4
    Member hoose35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Soldotna, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    pretty obvious how AOD members feel so far................
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

  5. #5

    Default

    Thus far the Poll indicates about a ten percent response...Pretty typical given the history of most issues. Perhaps on par with national averages. The lack of concern, opinion and voice is imo the root of our problem.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6

    Default

    Would like to know what was the cause for the sheep disappearance in 14C. What I do know is that non res were taking most of the sheep. With resident hunters that draw there is several categories that they fall into. The go getters who have the best chance of scoring. The wannabes that includes weekend hunters woman and children that dad put in for and there are some that just don't go. Guided non residents almost always go, they have a guide to tell them what's the biggest sheep. They have the horsepower to go farther. A solo hunt is real tough and to find someone to go with can be just as hard. I have been involved on at least 9 hunts in 14C and this is what I have found to be true.

  7. #7

    Default

    If NR were not required a guide, NR would still contribute the same amount of license revenues but would kill far frewer sheep. Probably a significantly lower percentage than non-guided residents. The state has forced NR to go with guides and as such, has dramatically increaded the NR success %.

  8. #8
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    Oh the mystery..

    "The wannabes that includes weekend hunters woman and children that dad put in for and there are some that just don't go. Guided non residents almost always go, they have a guide to tell them what's the biggest sheep."
    Wow!! LOL!!

  9. #9
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    **** the women who killed themselves to pack the residents into 14C... Last time out I puked besided the trail out of exhaustion and I hoped you stepped in it!! The hardest terrain ever and we are the best of the best to get the residents exactly where they want to be... knock on someone elses door...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfwatching View Post
    Oh the mystery..

    "The wannabes that includes weekend hunters woman and children that dad put in for and there are some that just don't go. Guided non residents almost always go, they have a guide to tell them what's the biggest sheep."
    Wow!! LOL!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Did not mean to offend you. I was just trying to make a point that the guides flooded the permit system with applicants. They got alot of permits and killed alot of sheep. Residents that got permits were either go getters (man woman or kid) who were more likely to get a sheep. The wannabes who have not developed the skills,mental attitude or have the amount of time to get a ram. and the dads that put there wives and kids in. They dont always have the same drive as dad does. So the non residents kill more sheep than the residents. F&G im sure factor in the the resident success but with the non residents getting more tags too many sheep were getting killed and now you have not enough rams.

  11. #11
    Member GAredneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    457

    Default

    I agree that we need to look at removing the NR guide requirements for sheep and limit to tags to 10%. The large majority of NR that are willing to shell out that amount of cash will still spend the money for a guide just for the comfort of knowing he/she will have a lot better opprotunity in killing. But on the other hand, some will elect to save the money spent on the guides and do a DIY, the money will still be spent in AK on all that has been talked about on the other threads except the guide will be cut out of the loop.

  12. #12

    Default res. vs no-res.

    after reviewing a study that joe want did with ADF&G 25 years of sheep data. i can not see any reason to support a resident preface.
    my only reason i thought i might support this idea was to gain some sort of an advanage over a guilded hunter.
    that is not really the case if you review Joe Wants indepth study.
    this data has been reviewed by all of the educated gooroos of the sheep world. and no one has found and error in his data outcomes.
    we must also remeber that non-res. hunters fund the majroity of our fish&game budget.
    a guilded hunter is more sucssuful. but guilded hunts still take less sheep than res.

  13. #13
    Member hoose35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Soldotna, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    after reviewing a study that joe want did with ADF&G 25 years of sheep data. i can not see any reason to support a resident preface.
    my only reason i thought i might support this idea was to gain some sort of an advanage over a guilded hunter.
    that is not really the case if you review Joe Wants indepth study.
    this data has been reviewed by all of the educated gooroos of the sheep world. and no one has found and error in his data outcomes.
    we must also remeber that non-res. hunters fund the majroity of our fish&game budget.
    a guilded hunter is more sucssuful. but guilded hunts still take less sheep than res.
    I think there is a problem if we must count on non alaskans to fund ALASKA dept of fish and game.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

  14. #14

    Smile Money is Green

    Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    I think there is a problem if we must count on non alaskans to fund ALASKA dept of fish and game.
    Short of Pawn Shops and Neighborhood Garage Sales, I can't think of one facet of Industry or State Govt that doesn't rely on Outside Money!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  15. #15
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    Thank you!! The research is there for those who wish to read it from the horse's mouth!!
    Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    after reviewing a study that joe want did with ADF&G 25 years of sheep data. i can not see any reason to support a resident preface.
    my only reason i thought i might support this idea was to gain some sort of an advanage over a guilded hunter.
    that is not really the case if you review Joe Wants indepth study.
    this data has been reviewed by all of the educated gooroos of the sheep world. and no one has found and error in his data outcomes.
    we must also remeber that non-res. hunters fund the majroity of our fish&game budget.
    a guilded hunter is more sucssuful. but guilded hunts still take less sheep than res.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Short of Pawn Shops and Neighborhood Garage Sales, I can't think of one facet of Industry or State Govt that doesn't rely on Outside Money!!!
    Booze and prostitution.........? OK, they also come from outside.

  17. #17

    Default

    And too there is that little 'ol Pittman-Roberts Slush Fund...of course few like to think that some uber millionaire in spending his fortune on guns, just to store away in a musty old safe somewhere in Vermont could possibly be contributing to the ADF&G....by Proxy of course.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  18. #18
    Thewolfwatching
    Guest

    Default

    HAHAHA.. Go have another can of tuna...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    And too there is that little 'ol Pittman-Roberts Slush Fund...of course few like to think that some uber millionaire in spending his fortune on guns, just to store away in a musty old safe somewhere in Vermont could possibly be contributing to the ADF&G....by Proxy of course.

  19. #19
    Member hoose35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Soldotna, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    2,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Short of Pawn Shops and Neighborhood Garage Sales, I can't think of one facet of Industry or State Govt that doesn't rely on Outside Money!!!
    Agreed that Outside money is helpful, but I don't agree with the argument that without non res sheep hunters, ADF&G will go broke.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    Agreed that Outside money is helpful, but I don't agree with the argument that without non res sheep hunters, ADF&G will go broke.
    I think when we begin or further than we already do...to allienate/exclude/limit/restrict/class hunters, the Entire Hunting Fraternity Suffers. Sportsmen/Sportswomen are directly responsible for the financing of many, many facets of our enjoyed lifestyle. We should be embracing and fostering one another...To that end, is the ONLY way wild creatures and their hunters will continue to be sustained.
    Keep whittling away at hunters and soon enough we won't be having these polls and discussions.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •