Thread: quick fish didnt last 1 year

Default quick fish didnt last 1 year

my qf3 fell apart today while takeing it down the top dome poles came out and now im stuck with a not so quick fish anyone else have these problems if so have any sudgestions on the fix?

Just stick the poles back in. My friend has this exact problem and there are sleeves for the ends of the poles to slide into. Pop the other sides open then get in the tent and put in the poles for the top.

between the wind and anger i didnt take the time to try the fix on the lake but i will thanks a bunch

Yes, this happens to the QuickFish models. The brass grommets that hold the fabric to the pole supports tear away and then the whole things collapses inward and the poles pop out of the pockets. Like AK Grayling said, put the poles back into the pockets and then stick the loop back through the hole. Get some 2 inch rubber washers and replace the brass grommets and you will be good to go for another couple of years. Or if you bought it recently and can find your receipt, take it back to the store or call Eskimo as they are real good about replacing defective equipment.

thanks for the fix gutleap as far as receipt or warrenty goes the site said since i didnt fill out my warrenty card with in 30 day of purchase so im shooting for the quick fix for my quick fish lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Brown View Post
    thanks for the fix gutleap as far as receipt or warrenty goes the site said since i didnt fill out my warrenty card with in 30 day of purchase so im shooting for the quick fix for my quick fish lol
    I would send them an email anyhow...you may be surprised, whats the worst thats gonna happen they say "No"

My QF3 gave up on the first trip this year as well. I did similar to what gutleap suggests except I just used some extra washer I had laying around. Seems to be as good as new for now. I bought the fat fisher this year (expanding family) so I will just use the QF3 on solo fly out trips so, I should get a few more years out of it.

Sounds like a job for ducktape and gorilla glue...ha! ha! ha!...."fishon"

Here is a couple photos of how I fixed my QuickFish. Rubber washers will flex when the shelter is collapsed and allow the poles to fold in. I got the washers at AIH. A real simple and quick fix that should last for a few more years.

jonna try the fix out at windy today thanks gutleap FISH ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    Here is a couple photos of how I fixed my QuickFish. Rubber washers will flex when the shelter is collapsed and allow the poles to fold in. I got the washers at AIH. A real simple and quick fix that should last for a few more years.

Good repair tip, gutleap.

I just send the link to this thread to Eskimo. They could rectify this at the point of manufacture so this problem does not come up. They should send you a new improved model as a 'Thank You' when they get this done.

Thanks,
    Ted