Thread: Cross-post: Casting: Are you interested in living in a self-sufficient community?

Default Cross-post: Casting: Are you interested in living in a self-sufficient community?

Hi everyone,
    Apologies that this is off-topic & a cross-post but I'm trying to get the word out to as many people as possible. Thanks in advance for understanding the double posting.

Iím a development casting producer at Raw TV, the makers of the shows Gold Rush and Locked Up Abroad. Iím currently looking for people to feature as part of a new series for a major cable television network (not another version of Gold Rush). I saw some of your posts on this forum and it seems like you are very knowledgeable in the areas weíre looking at. Iíve posted the casting notice below and look forward to hearing from those of you who might be interested. Many thanks & don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Casting Notice:
    Are you capable of living in a self-sufficient community? Do you have the spirit of an American pioneer? Are you sometimes fed up with the world you live in today and imagine another - better - way to live? Do you and your family and friends ever talk about leaving society we know it, leaving it all behind and building a new world off the grid,with the frontier grit of your forefathers? If you are passionate about your beliefs and would be willing to share them with a national TV audience we would love to talk to you.

If this sounds like you, whether you have a plan in action, have a more long term dream or are already living out on the frontier, please email your contact details and a brief description of your situation to:
    casting@rawtelevision.co.uk
    A producer will be in touch to discuss details.

Quote Originally Posted by TVCasting View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Apologies that this is off-topic & a cross-post but I'm trying to get the word out to as many people as possible. Thanks in advance for understanding the double posting.

Iím a development casting producer at Raw TV, the makers of the shows Gold Rush and Locked Up Abroad. Iím currently looking for people to feature as part of a new series for a major cable television network (not another version of Gold Rush). I saw some of your posts on this forum and it seems like you are very knowledgeable in the areas weíre looking at. Iíve posted the casting notice below and look forward to hearing from those of you who might be interested. Many thanks & don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Casting Notice:
    Are you capable of living in a self-sufficient community? Do you have the spirit of an American pioneer? Are you sometimes fed up with the world you live in today and imagine another - better - way to live? Do you and your family and friends ever talk about leaving society we know it, leaving it all behind and building a new world off the grid,with the frontier grit of your forefathers? If you are passionate about your beliefs and would be willing to share them with a national TV audience we would love to talk to you.

If this sounds like you, whether you have a plan in action, have a more long term dream or are already living out on the frontier, please email your contact details and a brief description of your situation to:
    casting@rawtelevision.co.uk
    A producer will be in touch to discuss details.
    This is like a guy who gets thrown out af a bar and comes back to start another argument.

If people are tired of it all and want to get away from it all why would they want show
    a "National Audience"?

If a guy hates the beach he certainly does not want ot come roll around in the sand with you!

I think reality TV shows are the rot of this nation. Alaskan bush folk are better n that (except maybe Heimo Corth) and don't need the publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I think reality TV shows are the rot of this nation.
    Amen.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Hello TVcasting,

There were some good replies to your first posting that you didn't respond to, perhaps folks would be more interested if you would describe what's involved. Also, you might have better luck if you could mention if there is any monetary compensation for people that decide they would like to get involved?

Merry Christmas,

You'd get better ratings if you pulled a bunch of idiots out of Orange County, or Jersey, and turned em loose anyway. That seems to be the trend. I am sure there will be a few plastic people casted in with everyone else... If it were me, those would be the folks that I BBQ first.