Thread: From coast to coast - Across Alaska

Default From coast to coast - Across Alaska

Hello,

We are three Norwegian guys who is going to walk and packraft 1100 miles across Alaska from late May to early July 2012. We will begin our journey in Kaktovik and go south and west, ending up in Unalakleet. For more information, go to http://www.acrossalaska.net. The site is in Norwegian, but there is a Google Translate function on every site so it's readable for everyone. Not all words and sentences gets translated correctly, though.

Eivind

Very cool. Sounds like an epic trip. Best of luck to you all and keep us updated. Maybe some of us can meet you at Mooses Tooth Pizza in Anchorage at the end of your trip to buy you guys a beer.

Thanks, we'll keep you updated. That would be nice, but we're not sure whether we are going directly to Fairbanks from Unalakleet or via Anchorage. But if we come to Anchorage, we definitely won't refuse a beer.

Ooofda - sounds like a great trip!

Good luck to you. For some reason that just doesn't seem like enough time....

Good luck guys-- As I was told by a very smart Soviet man in the 80's, when explaining my trip through remote Siberia "Goo remember Siberia is not Alaska" very true words. My best to you. But remember Alaska is not Norway!! Do your homework well!! It will be an adventure for sure!!
    Goo