Thread: Need a cub pilot or maule drivers outa talkeetna/willow area

Default Need a cub pilot or maule drivers outa talkeetna/willow area

Need to find someone to hire to do a pick up on wheels in late may, need a cub or maule, Denali Flying can't do it, he's gonna be on vacaction, any other ideas?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

When you say you need a Maule or Cub, what does that mean? Takeoff distance, useful load, or ?

Cheers!

Kris

small strip, i've been in on it in a cub and a maule, prefer the later as the usefull load is alot better.
    talked with don glaser, barry at denali, hudson, grasshopper so far no takers...first two will be gone, hudsons scared of landing, grasshopper might be busy...willow air has a cub but its going from ski's to floats.
    may 30th is the pick up date i need.
    Master guide 212

Default Want you hunting

Was wondering what your hunting at the end of May, black bears? What are the exact dates and do you know how many feet the strip is. I have a buddy who should have a cub on his certificate by then.

Terry

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    small strip, i've been in on it in a cub and a maule, prefer the later as the usefull load is alot better.
    talked with don glaser, barry at denali, hudson, grasshopper so far no takers...first two will be gone, hudsons scared of landing, grasshopper might be busy...willow air has a cub but its going from ski's to floats.
    may 30th is the pick up date i need.
    Have you tried Doug Geeting out of Talkeetna? You might catch him at 907-733-2366.

In my humble opinion, he's right at the top in a world of Alaska outback pilots.

Good Luck,

Mort

I'm pretty sure Geeting Air was sold to K2. Last I heard Doug was flying but I can't recall if it was for K2 or somebody else.

yep, Doug-0 sold to K2. He flew for them last season but have not seen him to ask what his plans are this year. I dont think K2 has a cub on line, Hudson does. No Mauls in Talkeetna either. Talkeetna has moved from bush flying to flight seeing and the aircraft inventory has changed from the good 'ol days.

Speaking of Hudson, would that be Cliff?

jay hudson, have used him before but everytime he'd step outa the plane he'd tell me how scared he was....not the kinda pilot i wanna sit behind.
    Master guide 212

Thats understandable, was just curious. Used to fly with Cliff and DS in the early 60's. My how time slips away. Good huntin to you!

Default Mike Meekins

Mike Meekins

Cliff is in the old timers home.... and a fine old timer he is. Oldtimers has a grip on him as well and he does not recognize many folks. A piece of Alaska history slipping away.

Jay's not bad.... just wiser for the experience and the cost of the mistakes... and he has a business to run now and tries to keep it profitable. Consequently he does not take unnecessary chances on short strips that the pay does not justify.

Hes a 185 / 206 pilot.... never had call to do the down and dirty cub work like was the mainstay of the business when Cliff was working it back in '75 and earlier. Times, they are a changing.