Thread: How to have fun in the Bush!

Default How to have fun in the Bush!

So yesterday I posted a couple of picks of a monster Moose I saw on Facebook. The fun part is that people that know me,IMG_4374.jpg know I already have my Moose for the year. I shoot younger bulls because I believe the meat is better. Cant eat horns and if that's all your after then I think your a lacking in some areas! Anyway as soon as I post the townies and even some neighbors start asking where is this moose?

Now if I 'm taking pictures and not shooting then what makes you think I'm going to tell you where it is? I tell everyone that hes miles and miles away from where he actually is and then watch the fun! They fall for it everytime! Who says it's boring in the bush!

that is a big moose.

Is that kinda like giving directions as follows?

Friend: where did you get your moose?
    Me: you know where mcgrath is"
    Friend: I've seen it on a map.
    Me: Ok fly into mcgrath, hit sunny street go to the end, take a 4 wheeler as far as you can, then hike SSW for 5.3 miles, you will see a 4 foot 8 inch spruce with a notch 3 feet up. once you walk by that, to due south, for another 2.7 miles, you will see a hill to the east, to to the top of that hill, and you wil see a marmot hole, stand 6 inches to the north of the marmot hole and you wil be about 400 miles north west of where you are supposed to be, cause I shot it in big lake.......
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

How to have fun in the Bush!

Sounds like a possible Alaska reality TV show!

For someone who really wanted to find that bull it would not be that hard for a person who runs the snowmobile trails in your area, you’re picture gave its location away. 

Nah, it isnt on the beaten path and to get there you have to cross private property. But I tell you what if you can come out here and show me the spot I took that picture at I will give you a thousand dollars! Well maybe not, but I'll cover your gas expenses. By the way it's a tier 11 hunt and the horns cannot leave the area so you will have to leave em at my cabin!

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    that is a big moose.

Is that kinda like giving directions as follows?

Friend: where did you get your moose?
    Me: you know where mcgrath is"
    Friend: I've seen it on a map.
    Me: Ok fly into mcgrath, hit sunny street go to the end, take a 4 wheeler as far as you can, then hike SSW for 5.3 miles, you will see a 4 foot 8 inch spruce with a notch 3 feet up. once you walk by that, to due south, for another 2.7 miles, you will see a hill to the east, to to the top of that hill, and you wil see a marmot hole, stand 6 inches to the north of the marmot hole and you wil be about 400 miles north west of where you are supposed to be, cause I shot it in big lake.......
    You hit it right on the button!

If I were living in the bush, THAT'S what I'd want to see looking out my front door. Very nice.

If I were you, I'd keep tabs on that bull and find his shed antlers anyday now...