Thread: Need yetna update

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Default Need yetna update

Anyone been to skwentna or lake creek area. I did hear a report that they are useing corral hill trail and the rideing is good on the yetna any reports would be great i would like to go this weekend.........................

You should be good just a little overflow i believe there's alot of snow from the yentna up.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    Anyone been to skwentna or lake creek area. I did hear a report that they are useing corral hill trail and the rideing is good on the yetna any reports would be great i would like to go this weekend.........................

I got a report from Skwentna yesterday of 50 inches on the ground. They got their first fuel delivery. Overflow areas are refreezing. So it is sounding like things are pretty good.

Here is a pic from a couple of days agoAttachment 55720

Adam Gabryszak took out 5 barrels of fuel to Skwentna yesterday on two sleds. He came out through the regular launch at Deshka Landing . I think that he used kroto and then took the GCI trail. They plan to take a couple of drags over in the next day or so. The snow starts getting deeper at Luces going north ,they have had about 5ft at Yentna Station.

Adam almost always runs that way. Just one or two areas to watch out for, with plenty of winching options if needed.

Deshka landing trail is good and I talk to Dave at Luces and it's good to there. He said a little rough in spots.
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Thanks for the updates. I wonder if they marked the trail yet?
    Its getting warm again hope it cools off soon.

Some marking is up.
    And it is staying cool in Willow
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Boss View Post
    Some marking is up.
    And it is staying cool in Willow
    We came out today, the markers with green in Kroto,quit where you would take the normal Rt.. to scary tree.. take the gci, trail to the right at that Y. from there.it will pop you out one slough upriver from scary tree..As of 3pm it was good shape overflow was frozen on the packed trail, Be aware there is some overflow underneath the snow, in the powder in the sloughs..We headed up scary tree trail rt. slough but turned back there was some open leads in there and overflow..i was pulling a trailer decided that was much safer on the gci, Rt..

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    We came out today, the markers with green in Kroto,quit where you would take the normal Rt.. to scary tree.. take the gci, trail to the right at that Y. from there.it will pop you out one slough upriver from scary tree..As of 3pm it was good shape overflow was frozen on the packed trail, Be aware there is some overflow underneath the snow, in the powder in the sloughs..We headed up scary tree trail rt. slough but turned back there was some open leads in there and overflow..i was pulling a trailer decided that was much safer on the gci, Rt..
    The green markers are brought to by Lower Susitna Drainage Assoc. a non profit that is done without anyone making any money . just like Trail Boss it is all volunteer labor. Both groups groom trails for everyone to use. That is another reason to register your sled as part of that money comes back to the trail in trakk grants . Join these groups pay yearly dues to help support the cost. Don't always be a taker step up and give . Also another thing that is a big set back is the Clowns that mow down the markers, not only has that work has been wasted the marker is broken and will have to be replaced. With the green markers someone will have to paint new markers and install reflective tape on them , all of that time could be better used for many other things, Please help the cause anyway that you can and have a lot of fun and Safe riding. Have a Merry Christmas.

Im up north of the Deshka, but I think this warm weather is going to wreak some havoc on certain sloughs if it dont cool off soon....

Stay safe and keep your eyes open for fog out there....