Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member of the Year 2011 (Nominate and Vote)

Default Member of the Year 2011 (Nominate and Vote)

Outdoors Directory
    www.outdoorsdirectory.com
    Announces
    Member of the Year

For the third year at Alaska Outdoors Supersite, we are excited to acknowledge and award individual members who contribute to the outdoors community in Alaska who are active members of our Alaska Outdoors Supersite.
    This year we will be considering individuals who display characteristics that provide benefits to the other members by:

1. Creating and sustaining a welcoming environment for new members and guests.

2. Showing respect to members and guests, regardless of their residency, experience, attitudes, or views.

3. Making positive contributions to the site (providing practical answers to posted questions, initiating threads that are of value to the outdoors community, etc.)

4. Members that are in good standing via their ‘Reputation’ which includes a limited number of infractions given by the Moderators of Outdoors Directory

Nomination Process
    Nominate your fellow member for Forum Member of the Year between December 15, 2011 and December 24, 2011 at 11:59pm Alaska Standard Time. December 25, 2011, the Nomination Period will be closed.

Nominations submitted after this time period will not be counted towards the voting process for the final selections.

Only three nominees will be selected to be in the final round of voting.

Voting Process
    Voting process will occur from December 25, 2011 12:00am and closing December 31, 2011 at 11:59pm Alaska Standard Time. Votes that are received after this time period will not be accepted.

Forum Member of the Year will be announced January 1, 2012.

Any registered Member or Moderator can nominate and vote. Whether you live in Alaska, Lower 48, Canada or another country, as long as you are a registered member in Alaska Outdoors Supersite, you can nominate and vote.

Eligibility
    Most members and moderators of the Alaska Outdoors Supersite will be eligible unless stated otherwise in the process of Member of the Year.

Nominations and votes will be disqualified if a member or moderator submits themselves for Forum Member of the Year.

If there are multiple nominations or votes from a same member, only the first submission will be received, entered, and counted.

If a member is Banned from Outdoors Directory, their nomination will not be accepted.

Members or Moderators that are Ineligible
    Michael Strahan – Webmaster is ineligible because he will oversee the process of Member of the Year.
    Brian M – Forum Admin is ineligible because he is Forum Admin and will act as the Moderator Representive.
    COtoAK – Member is ineligible because she is the Member Representative.
    Michael Strahan, Brian M, and COtoAK will not be submitting a nomination or vote for Member of the Year.

Bushrat – Member of the Year 2008
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/45096-Bushrat-Selected-as-Member-of-the-Year-for-2008

Vince – Member of the Year 2009
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/70681-Member-of-the-Year-2009

Have you been Nominated?
    If you have been nominated, you will be requested a brief biography and 4 photos to be displayed either via forum board, webmail, website, or newsletter via email.

Media Release
    You consent to participation by quotes, photographs, videos, and allow for edit, use, and reuse media for non-profit purposes including print, on the internet, and all other forms of media. You also release Outdoors Directory, it’s agents, moderators, or sponsors from all claims, demands, and liabilities associated with this media release.

Awards/Prizes
    Awards and Prizes are to be announced in the duration of the Forum Member of the Year process.
    Once the Member of the Year is announced, awards prizes will be distributed directly and immediately available to the Member of the Year and the Member of the Year can do as they please with their awards and prizes.

How to Enter Your Nomination or Vote
    Your nominations and votes will only be accepted at contests@outdoorsdirectory.com

In the subject line, enter (Member’s or Moderator’s Name) for (Member’s or Moderator’s Name).

In your email, please state the reasons why you feel as if the Member of Moderator should be nominated or voted including specific encounters or occurrences that display why your certain member or moderator should be Member of the Year.

Let the nominating and voting begin!
    Member of the Year Team
    Come and visit our newly renovated and modified website at:

Our Bookstore is open, too!
    www.outdoorsdirectory.com/store

Bump to the top

dang thats a tough one. I'm debating between 3.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I'd have to vote for stid, or stranger, great storys and pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    I'd have to vote for stid, or stranger, great storys and pictures.
    Dang, Rock; you psychic?
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Your nomination needs to be submitted to contests@outdoorsdirectory.com if you would like your nomination to count

Be sure to vote for Stid, I am
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Member.of.the.Year.Team View Post
    Your nomination needs to be submitted to contests@outdoorsdirectory.com if you would like your nomination to count
    Do we send an Email to that account?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Be sure to vote for Stid, I am
    I was really caught on this one as Stid was my gut first choice. More thought and I came back to member AK Nimrod... To often now days I see a question about running the rivers off the Dalton or boating PWS and each time I realize what a hole AK Nimrods passing has left in the forum. His posts were always thoughtful and his knowledge and willingness to pass hard won info to strangers knew no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    Do we send an Email to that account?
    Yes.. and Thank You. We are responding to your email and question.

Please remember that when submitting your nomination, you MUST put who you are (your Member/Username) in the subject line.

Thank you!
    Member of the Year Team

GREYTHORN3 is the only anwser here! MEMBER OF THE YEAR!
    Semper Fi!

You got my vote
    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    GREYTHORN3 is the only anwser here! MEMBER OF THE YEAR!

Is this where we vote you off the island?

It's the last day to Nominate!
    Send your Nomination to contests@outdoorsdirectory.com!

I nominated myself so I could be taken out of the running, forum rules and all. Thanks for all of your support but somebody more deserving needs to take my place.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by Member.of.the.Year.Team View Post
    It's the last day to Nominate!
    Send your Nomination to contests@outdoorsdirectory.com!
    Curious to see the amount of nominations in the inbox...how many people are voting?

Based on the "criteria" for nominating the "Teachers Pet"...And the fact we didn't choose our representative....

The whole thing reeks......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

AW Hip, It's Christmas time. Who really cares? I look at it like rep points, those and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee. The only thing I smell at the moment is my dirty socks, don't ya know!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Sugarcoating a turd sammich don't change the reality of the meal.

Merry Christmas Whop.

Hope the stinky socks aren't gonna be the ones hung out for Santa......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast