Thread: 24 hours travel & Black belly Tree duck for a Christmas Present

Default 24 hours travel & Black belly Tree duck for a Christmas Present

Finished up on Adak 3 days ago with a great season, I got an invitation to come down to hunt Florida for some cool species with friend Jack Nash. Left Adak 6pm Sunday on AK air arrived in Orlando monday at 530pm drove 3 hours to lake Okeechobie got to bed around 1am, Was met at 430am at the hampton inn and the epic 2 day duck hunting adventure began in the lake and nearby swamps. With a great outcome, I am in shock going form 25 degrees and snow to 75 degrees and sunburn and fire ant bites. Will not forget the past 2 days with a great person. Hope all you guys are staying warm. Ill be back on the 26th to head to Island X for the Kings. Merry Christmas to all my fellow Alaskan Waterfowlers.

Charlie, looks like that is what real duck hunting is like, wish we had birds like that up here on a regular basis, and Kody is working hard and doing a good job for you. Bud
    Wasilla

Wow, looks like your having a fabulous hunt down there in sunny Florida! What a perfect hunt for us daylight deprived, frigid Alaskans!

The Black Belly Tree duck you harvested is gorgeous and will no doubt make a unique and beautiful addition to your trophy room. I love Blue Wing Teal, but have never taken one in full plume like the one you harvested, another fine trophy you added to the bag.

Thank for sharing your hunt with us cold blooded bastids up here

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Default Yes, It is a big shock

Thanks Grizzly1 and Blackdawg this trip down to florida was a scouting mission to get things lined up for next season to host 2-3 groups down here during Dec after we finish on Adak, Sitting here in Palm BAy tonight getting ready for another 430 departure after Moddled ducks and Fulvous with a few blue wing teal thrown in , 74 degrees here had to buy some Goretex waders as the neopreme are a sweat box hunting in this weather, Also took wont have Kodiak in this new area as way too many giant gators to contend with. WIll give ya an update tomorrow night. Best wishes from sunny florida.

Nice. I can't help but feeling a bit jealous. Yikes about the gators! There was a lake in Texas that I thought of duck hunting from my kayak until I was told there were gators. No way did I want to see eyeballs pop up next to me in the dark while floating in my little kayak or have to try and call my dog off a bird because a big lizard was about to have her for breakfast.

The Gulf coast of Texas can provide another good place for warm weather duck hunting for anyone that wants an escape from winter here in AK.

Default The Big 4 quest is over

Its official The florida Big 4 2011 Quest is Over, Had an epic hunt today Leaving the hotel at 400am and not quiting till dark, Fulvous check off the list, Mottled duck check off the list. I am mentally and Physically exhausted, No airboat rides here only walk, Hike and Slog through swamps to get them. Probably one of the hardest days hunting in my life my legs are cramped, but all the Hard work paid off. We covered over 10 miles of some serious stuff with only our legs, Kayaks no motorized vehicles except trucks to get us to the swamps, learned allot from some true florida experts, who are some of the hardest working guides i have ever met Scott and Wes. will have a complete story and pics later, http://youtu.be/LXdWnh8ZYFg

you look tired challie, time to go home for a break before the king of all kings season.

Sweet birds Charlie, that Fulvous is killer! I think I would get heat stroke trudging through those Florida swamps in 75+ degree weather

Hope you find the time to post up the rest of your trip, thanks again for sharing.

Default LAst 4 days in Florida

My 2011 Florida duck hunt ended up better than ever imagined, With the help of friend Jack Nash I got My Black belly,Ringer and Teal

and Outfitters Scott and Wes got me finished up with my Fulvous and Mottled Duck along with a big last day on teal. My Florida Slam and then some in 4 days of hunting. I will admit for an old broken down overweight guide from ALaska It was rather a challenging pace 4am till dark every day along with flying 5000 miles and driving to NC to drop off my Dog then turning around and going back for 2 more days, The heat was probably the worst thing the guides and hunters all wore shorts under there breathable waders, I had neither went Old school with Neoprene, WIll never make that mistake again. Hope you guys enjoy a few more pics from the trip. Our last morning hunt was fabulous, as Wes took us in the Airboat to his secret Teal Honeyhole and the 3 of us limited out by 9am and I finished the day with a double on Drake Bl wing teal. A trip i will never forget and am already planning on going back down next Dec with a couple groups of Buddies, I was the guinea Pig this year. Merry Christmas and happy Holidays till my Video comes Out.

Sincerely Capt Charlie

Default Highlight video

Just a few highlights in a short 1 minute video of one of my favorite trips ever. http://youtu.be/5UHC1V7M4iI