Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casting Call - Can you live off the grid?

Default Casting Call - Can you live off the grid?

Hi everyone! I have a bit of a strange question for you. I'm a producer for a documentary television company called Raw Television. We are the makers of Gold Rush and Locked Up Abroad, amongst others. I'm working on a new project we have in development and am looking to cast real people for it. We're trying to get the word out and are wondering if you could help us by directing us to members who you think might be able to help. The casting notice is below. Many thanks & don't hesitate to direct message me with any questions:

Are you capable of living in a self-sufficient community? Are you sometimes fed up with the world you live in today and imagine another - better - way to live? Do you ever talk about buying some land and leaving your current situation behind to make a new life for yourself and your family? If you think you might have what it takes to actually do this we would love to talk to you.

If this sounds like you, whether you have a plan in action, have a more long term dream or are already living in a remote area, please email your contact details and a brief description of your situation to casting@rawtelevision.co.uk and a producer will be in touch to set up a call to discuss details. Many thanks!

EMail sent.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Dude... recall, recall!!! Don't give in to the lure of the media's "reality" showcase. Ever watch any of those shows and notice how they go out of their way to make everyone look like idiots? Just cuz you crashed your snowmachine into a fence while trying to impress a girl doesn't necessarily qualify you for the show!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I've been living in the woods on a farm off the grid for my whole life.....I think a smart person such as my self could shot people what a real man can do (ok a almost real man) We'll see how it goes anyway, if I even get a return e mail I doubt I'd take an offer cause I would hate that sorta thing, but you never know whats gonna happen, it will spark my mind anyway.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by TVCasting View Post
    Hi everyone! I have a bit of a strange question for you. I'm a producer for a documentary television company called Raw Television. We are the makers of Gold Rush and Locked Up Abroad, amongst others. I'm working on a new project we have in development and am looking to cast real people for it. We're trying to get the word out and are wondering if you could help us by directing us to members who you think might be able to help. The casting notice is below. Many thanks & don't hesitate to direct message me with any questions:

Are you capable of living in a self-sufficient community? Are you sometimes fed up with the world you live in today and imagine another - better - way to live? Do you ever talk about buying some land and leaving your current situation behind to make a new life for yourself and your family? If you think you might have what it takes to actually do this we would love to talk to you.

If this sounds like you, whether you have a plan in action, have a more long term dream or are already living in a remote area, please email your contact details and a brief description of your situation to casting@rawtelevision.co.uk and a producer will be in touch to set up a call to discuss details. Many thanks!
    Dear Mr. Casting,
    I don't "think" I have what it takes, I do have what it takes. And I have nothing to prove to the likes of you. I find your inane products insulting. Kindly take your ridiculous offer back to whatever fantasy land you inhabit.
    Sincerely,
    iofthetaiga
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Dear Mr. Casting,
    I don't "think" I have what it takes, I do have what it takes. And I have nothing to prove to the likes of you. I find your inane products insulting. Kindly take your ridiculous offer back to whatever fantasy land you inhabit.
    Sincerely,
    iofthetaiga
    that's awesome!

If you are looking for someone who "THINKS" they can live off the land, you need to contact Super Alaskan Sarah Palin, LOL

I was mostly seeing if they think that all 16 year olds are stupid teenagers who don't do anything, IOFTHETIAGA, thats a good post...

Anchorage Suburbanites and part time Willowbillies.

FurFishGame

Donít let the naysayers change your mind about answering the casting call if it is something you really want to do. If it gets to the point that they may be interested in you have someone that you trust to give you advice to help you with any decisions. At 16 you will need a parent or guardian to approve of it also.

No matter what happens it will be a good experience for you.

I always encourage my boys to try out new experiences, (with my guidance of course). My boys have had some amazing adventures that we would have missed out on if we had not tried it out.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I've been living in the woods on a farm off the grid for my whole life.....I think a smart person such as my self could shot people what a real man can do (ok a almost real man) We'll see how it goes anyway, if I even get a return e mail I doubt I'd take an offer cause I would hate that sorta thing, but you never know whats gonna happen, it will spark my mind anyway.
    If you realy want to do it just for the experience of acting, that's great, enjoy...but if you think they give a rats rear end as to what you can/actually do "off the grid", I'm afraid you are in for a disappointment. There's nothing real about these shows, and as for depicting "reality", I assure you that these shows are just as scripted as any other show on TV.

go on mr hollywood go for it.
    Semper Fi!

FFG- Can you drive to your house from Wasilla? If so, you aren't off the grid.

theres people that you have to ride a snowmachien or atv to their house i dont consider off the grid either.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    FFG- Can you drive to your house from Wasilla? If so, you aren't off the grid.
    I understand where you're coming from, but "grid = road system" is not the definition accepted by most people. The accepted definition is "grid = electrical grid". Personally, I extend it to water and other utilities as well, but not necessarily the road system.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but "grid = road system" is not the definition accepted by most people. The accepted definition is "grid = electrical grid". Personally, I extend it to water and other utilities as well, but not necessarily the road system.
    I was always told off the grid meant off the power grid...My mistake. Thanks fellas.

Off the grid is off the power grid - has nothing to do with a road - our cabin in Willow has road access - for several years it was off the grid. We had solar panels, batteries, an inverter, and generator.

I donít understand why anyone would discourage a young person from experiencing all that they can, (safely). Ė (IMHO)

Two summers ago, when we in Mexico, the hotel we were staying at was having an ad filmed for it. The production crew asked if our boys could be in the commercial, we said yes. They had a great afternoon the production crew let them do some of the filming, check lighting, help set up the props, etc. Our boys thought it was one of the best parts of the trip.

They are actually in the commercial, (about four seconds in the intro), it is something they will always remember, and they got to hang out with some really hot models!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    I donít understand why anyone would discourage a young person from experiencing all that they can, (safely). Ė (IMHO)

Two summers ago, when we in Mexico, the hotel we were staying at was having an ad filmed for it. The production crew asked if our boys could be in the commercial, we said yes. They had a great afternoon the production crew let them do some of the filming, check lighting, help set up the props, etc. Our boys thought it was one of the best parts of the trip.

They are actually in the commercial, (about four seconds in the intro), it is something they will always remember, and they got to hang out with some really hot models!

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo59/hogfamilyak/Isla%202010 26/Isla2010017.jpg

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...sla2010031.jpg
    Not trying to discourage him from experiencing all he can, just trying to help him understand what he's getting into. Maybe FFG will become the next big movie star, and that would be great...if thats what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Not trying to discourage him from experiencing all he can, just trying to help him understand what he's getting into. Maybe FFG will become the next big movie star, and that would be great...if thats what he wants.
    No worries - think we are on the same page....

bikinis YEA!! thanks for posting.
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast