Thread: Before I spring for a water taxi:

Default Before I spring for a water taxi:

This is probably a long shot, but you never know.

The semester just got over and my schedule is wide open. I'm desperate to go deer hunting in PWS and am trying to round up my buddies to split the water taxi fee (having diffficulty getting schedules, wives opinions to line up). Before I go down that route, I figure'd I'd ask. If anyone is going out from Whittier and has room for me and my partner, we'd be so grateful and chip in for the costs of fuel, etc... I do have a military 5 man arctic tent with a wood stove and all the gear for getting out in the islands. If anyone has a boat and has waited until now to go out, I'd love the chance to get out.

Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but it's worth asking.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Don't have a boat but could add one more for the taxi. The more folks for taxi the cheaper it is. I believe the magic number is 4-6 to get a cheaper rate. Would have to do it before Christmas. Also how many days are you looking at?

Not sure you would need more than three days, considering the epic stories I'm seeing. I'll keep you posted if I can't wrangle a ride with someone else.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Shouldnt have problems finding them...if we woulda had more daylight, we coulda filled out both our tags in one day. I hope your in it only for the meat, the Buck we got, dropped both antlers, one on the first shot, and the other after unloading it off the boat. Be prepared to stay a few extra days....the weather has been so unpredictable
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"