Thread: Question for you AR15 guys

Default Question for you AR15 guys

i ordered a new RRA rifle ( 223 wylde ) and should be getting it in the next couple weeks. It is the 20 inch predator pursuit with a flat top. I plan on using the Burris PEPR mount, with a Burris fullfield 2 E1 3x9-50 scope. For punching paper and varmint hunting at the ranges I do , I feel this should be just the ticket. Plus the 50mm scope will gather a little more light than the 40. Does anyone know if the scope and mount i plan to use will allow enough clearance between the free float tube and the bottom of the scope objective lens? I think it should but would like to make sure first. more or less i was hopeing someone out there had a similar set up with a scope the same size to tell me im not nuts.
    Last edited by click; 12-14-2011 at 00:16. Reason: I can't spell.

Well, I don't have the PEPR, but I do have the Armalite one piece, and it will fit a 50mm lens. The Armalite mount is 1.18 inches from base to centerline of rings (1" tube), and the PEPR is 1 inch from base to bottom of rings. My setup is on an AR-10, but the flattop/ free float tube relationship should be the same.

I don't think you will have a problem. Most hand guards are lower than the top pictinney rail on a flat top upper so you actually gain some clearance there unless you have the rail that extends all the way to the gas block.

This is a 32mm vortex scope mounted in the non-QD PEPR.

That's a 40 so that will give you some idea how much room you will have...should work fine with 50.

Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Thanks for the info guys, now i just need pick up the scope and mounts an i will be set. On another note has anyone ordered a rifle from AR15sales.com?? This is the place i ordered from and i have heard and read good things about online, I was just curious if anyone had delt with them before from up here. They had the absolute cheapest price's i have seen on RRA rifles. I was just gonna build one myself, but couldn't put it to gather myself the way i wanted any cheaper than i could buy it directly from them.

A 50mm will mount just fine with the PEPR, not a bunch of room left but enough!